Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vignettes and short stories
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
pbangarth
For me, one of the most enjoyable parts of this game is the creation and fleshing out of characters. Once you have a good character built, stories just flow naturally. I would like to see some of those stories and characters depicted here. Please, contribute stories here to help make he dark days of COVID a bit more pleasant. I have a few of my own that I will sprinkle in here to keep things going.

As a starter, let me introduce to you Quick Willie, who has enjoyed stints in face to face and online play. Here is a vignette from his early life.

[ Spoiler ]
Sendaz
Dating in the 6th World can be tricky.

[ Spoiler ]
ker'ion
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Nov 8 2020, 12:32 PM) *
Dating in the 6th World can be tricky.

[ Spoiler ]
LMAO!
I've heard similar stories.
Sendaz
Ever wonder how some of those NPCs got their start? Some used to be Runners.....

[ Spoiler ]
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Nov 10 2020, 04:14 AM) *
Ever wonder how some of those NPCs got their start? Some used to be Runners.....

[ Spoiler ]

Sorry to say it, but that Face has got to be the BIGGEST idiot ever. You find out that LOFWYR goes to these restaurants, and he thought it was a good idea to use HIS reservations. Idiot or has BIG brass ones.
Koekepan
I was running a game for some folks who'd taken a trip to the Yucatan.

They needed to get a distraction for the goons guarding an installation. Not high quality professionals, but regular rental bodies with drinking habits to support, and the runners just wanted them looking in a different direction.

So they locate some local toughs with dirtbikes, and figure out that they idolise combat bikers. They get a bulk deal on the shittiest beat-up machine pistols that they can find, and convince them that they're running scouting try-outs for a combat biking league, and get them on a fake run past said facility.

It worked fine. Half a dozen screaming dirtbikes with idiots spraying full-auto everywhere will get attention.
pbangarth
I present Bongo Slade, the kid who wants to drum the heartbeat of Gaia.

[ Spoiler ]
KCKitsune
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 11 2020, 10:37 AM) *
I present Bongo Slade, the kid who wants to drum the heartbeat of Gaia.

[ Spoiler ]

OK, this guy is cool as hell. Mirrorshades ALL THE WAY!

I'm assuming either a full mage, or a Mystic adept with Artisan Way. Either way he's Initiated (at least one level, most likely two or three levels)
pbangarth
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Nov 14 2020, 01:02 AM) *
OK, this guy is cool as hell. Mirrorshades ALL THE WAY!

I'm assuming either a full mage, or a Mystic adept with Artisan Way. Either way he's Initiated (at least one level, most likely two or three levels)

Nope, Phys Ad out of the box. Here's the stats:

[ Spoiler ]

Well, OK, this is him after his first job, a scouting mission in "Bump 'n' Grind".

And here's the back story:

[ Spoiler ]
pbangarth
Here's Oro the Unstoppable. I made different builds of him, and the stats and history below are for an 800 point (BP and Karma) game here on DS that never really got off the ground. I must have earlier versions on an old hard drive somewhere.

Vignette - one of my favourites. If you can do a faux Eastern European accent it comes off better

[ Spoiler ]

History - again, a favourite of mine

[ Spoiler ]

Stats - The stats are, well ... it is 800 points!

[ Spoiler ]
pbangarth
Art imitates art ... and inverts it.

In post # 10 above, I present a vignettte about the early days of Oro in which he outfights a helicopter.

I am in the middle of a game of Civilization VI. A recent mod adds 'eternal heroes' from myths around the world. In this game I am Hammurabi and lead the Babylonian Empire. I am at war currently with Pachakuti of the Inca. He summoned his great hero Beowulf to fight against my forces. I hunted the hero down and killed him with ... you guessed it ... a helicopter unit. I'm going to have to think up a good name for that unit.

Maybe, 1st Babylonian Air Cavalry, "Hero Busters".

EDIT: My hero Maui just killed an Inca helicopter! Yayyy!
pbangarth
Hodder, a 4E mystic adept of the Kabbalah tradition.

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012