Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Iceland & MAERSK
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stingray
Quick Questions,,,,Would i be corroct to assume MAERSK/Kvaerber operate in Iceland?
( i know ..i know it's trans - polar somethin thing)
large enough for legit Records on file qualty??
Kren Cooper
I see no reason why not - Maersk are one of the largest shipping companies on the planet, and someone has to take stuff to Iceland. https://www.searates.com/maritime/iceland lists 27 ports around Iceland, of which 5 are marked as being container ports - indicating sea cranes, large container parks, and giving an indication of a large volume of traffic.

Reykjavik port has cranes with 100 ton + cranes, can dock ships over 120m in length and has a draught of more than 7m, repair facilities and an oil terminal - all of that stuff indicates a good level of infrastructure and commercial activity, which means corporate interest and computer records, and so on.

Stingray
QUOTE (Kren Cooper @ Nov 21 2021, 12:36 PM) *
I see no reason why not - Maersk are one of the largest shipping companies on the planet, and someone has to take stuff to Iceland. https://www.searates.com/maritime/iceland lists 27 ports around Iceland, of which 5 are marked as being container ports - indicating sea cranes, large container parks, and giving an indication of a large volume of traffic.

Reykjavik port has cranes with 100 ton + cranes, can dock ships over 120m in length and has a draught of more than 7m, repair facilities and an oil terminal - all of that stuff indicates a good level of infrastructure and commercial activity, which means corporate interest and computer records, and so on.

Thank U for Info..btw..your smuggler fiction..nice work!! smile.gif
Kren Cooper
QUOTE (Stingray @ Nov 23 2021, 07:57 AM) *
Thank U for Info..btw..your smuggler fiction..nice work!! smile.gif

Thank you - it's nice to get some feedback. Does ocassionally feel like shouting into the void when I post - I try to tell myself that I'm not doing anything wrong otherwise people would be complaining!

And happy to help with the info. I love world building and detailing. smile.gif
Lionesque
QUOTE (Kren Cooper @ Nov 24 2021, 12:20 AM) *
Thank you - it's nice to get some feedback. Does ocassionally feel like shouting into the void when I post - I try to tell myself that I'm not doing anything wrong otherwise people would be complaining!

And happy to help with the info. I love world building and detailing. smile.gif

The number of views alone should tell you that we are quite a few who'd love to be part of such a long continuous story arc, but just in case:

Keep 'em coming, pleeease!
Kren Cooper
QUOTE (Lionesque @ Nov 25 2021, 09:36 AM) *
The number of views alone should tell you that we are quite a few who'd love to be part of such a long continuous story arc, but just in case:

Keep 'em coming, pleeease!

*Big grin* Will do! And thanks for the feedback.
Sascha Morlok
With recently published Power Plays, Iceland broke free from TPA and is now part of the Scandinavian Union.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012