Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Life Imitating Art?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
pbangarth
I didn't realize, until Florida's government got in a snit about Disney's reaction to their "Don't Say Gay' law, that Disney had an approximation of extra-territoriality in its Florida theme parks.

Huh.
Koekepan
Kind of, but only kind of. It was more like being given local government privileges and prerogatives. Why was a corporation given that kind of power?

... that part is shadowrunny.
Redjack
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Apr 25 2022, 06:16 PM) *
Why was a corporation given that kind of power?
Lots of corruption back in the day.
Redjack
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Apr 25 2022, 11:42 AM) *
Florida's government got in a snit about Disney's...
The other way to say that is: Disney, as a corporation, opposed Florida combating grooming of children... That said, either side wades into real-life politics that could get me banned.
Iduno
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Apr 25 2022, 12:42 PM) *
I didn't realize, until Florida's government got in a snit about Disney's reaction to their "Don't Say Gay' law, that Disney had an approximation of extra-territoriality in its Florida theme parks.

Huh.

I know we don't allow politics here, but it is a good lesson in corporate PR. Those bills were the ones that Disney was getting flack for financing, once they publicly opposed them and got some of their hired senators to get mad at them, they look like they solved the problem instead of causing it. Great response to a run that makes a corporation look bad publicly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012