Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Trails of Reflection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
paul_HArkonen
Irving's head picks up on Raton's comment. "Well Raton, let's see what we've got, be sure to point out the room that you think has the goods."
TinkerGnome
Raton displays his cobbled map and points to the room which has a camera on it at all times. "This looks like a good candidate. There is a camera on the door, but nothing inside."
paul_HArkonen
Smiling in spite of himself, "alright, so where do you all want the C-4"
Bearclaw
Lee snorts. "Oh, I'll bet there's something inside alright. As much security as there is around the outside and inside of the house, I'm sure that whatever room has the goodies will have a little extra. My guess would be either a para-critter or a kill-room kind of set up. Like a sealed door and some Green-ring, or some such stuff."
tisoz
"Hey, even if the chips aren't in that room," Token says, "I think we want anything in there. Gotta make this job pay somehow. Do we have a chemsuit and air supply for whoever is going in?

"Do our B&E guys have a working plan yet? Anything else we should be working on? Maybe the stealth guys want to go do some surveillance, check what times the guard shifts change, get an idea of how many we're up against when things go wrong? I could help them hide by having a spirit conceal them. Or I could mask the vehicle.

"Anything someone wants me to do?"
Nikoli
"We need to know how gardening and cook staff are handled. Are the independants or on site staffed?"
tisoz
"I think someone said gardening or at least grounds keeping was contracted."
Bearclaw
Lee smiles. "Excellent. I can be a cook. Just get me inside. I can handle the rest."
"A quick and dirty plan. Get me in. I'll sneak out, with Raton hacking the security system along the way. I'll use the house's own spirit to help conceal me. If I am spotted, I'll narcojet them, and then use physical mask to assume their identity. I get the chips, head back out the kitchen door for a smoke, drop the mask, turn the sneak suit back on, head for the wall while conjuring a sky spirit. Use Levitate to get over the wall, and have the spirit conceal me, speed my movement, and protect me from the powers of other spirits 'til I'm over the wall. I drop to the ground, jump in the van, and we high tail it out of there."
Lee looks around. "Well, what do you think?"
TinkerGnome
Raton raises an eyebrow. "Aren't the chips supposed to be in really large boxes? Of a size too big to move by hand? Or did you have an idea for that one?"
Nikoli
"We may also want to infiltrate the gardening staff, to aid in escape and shoul things not go as planned, effect a rescue or salvage the job."
paul_HArkonen
Irving smiles wide "That depends on how big your hands are."
tisoz
Token says, "The chips are supposed to be in two boxes measuring 2 feet by one foot by 9 inches. Might take a tape measure.

"Raton, can you get Lee entered as a cook in the admittance list and the rest of us going in as the gardening staff a little later in case we are needed? Unless someone has another plan?"

Token whispers some words of sperethiel then goes into a trance for a short time.

"Does someone have those splash grenades for taking out the gun emplacements or should we go do some shopping? I'd like to go buy some freeze foam."
TinkerGnome
Raton shrugs. "I can always try."

Shortly thereafter, he jacks in and checks on who handles the gardening and cooking to see if he can forge some new hires.
Fenris
Raton - You're becoming increasingly familiar with the setting, darting through the cluttered house as you search. You dive into offices, sift through filing cabinets, and sort through desk drawers searching for the information you're looking for. You hear the tap-tap-tap of some IC moving through the house after a few moments, but you're already on your way out. The information you're looking for doesn't seem to be present.
TinkerGnome
Raton surfaces from the Matrix a scant five minutes after going under. "Don't know where that info is, but it ain't on the house system."
tisoz
Token asks, "Raton, think you can override their communications? Then when things go bad, we will know, and the cavalry can go in and only have to deal with small groups at a time instead of a mob. Also, so they can't call for outside assistance themself."
TinkerGnome
Raton shrugs. "Depends on how they try to do it. I can stop anything coming out of the house host, easy. Cell phones, radios, and that stuff I'm not so sure about."
Nikoli
"I have 3 freeze foam grenades and one for solvent, also some slip spray grenades."
Fenris
Elsewhere and otherwise...

Several people move around the house, all of them operating with the brisk efficiancy of a well trained team. One fiddles with several comm links, calling out frequencies to the rest, who test and respond back. Another is sprawled out on a bean bag chair, plugged into a sleek looking unfolded array of plugs and jacks. A slightly tinny voice rings out of a speaker, "You're clear, J.J"

One last minute shift of a trid unit, and a figure started speaking. He was tall, blond, and beautiful. He looked almost unhuman, arms and chest tight with muscle as he crossed his arms over his chest, showing off the broadsword strapped across his back.

"We'd like your assistance with a small matter, Sir." The voice was cultured, polite, sharp as steel, and cold as ice.
Fenris
April 6th, 2064 - 5:00pm

Token - Your drive out to Snohomish is uneventul, besides dealing with the early commuter traffic that made the highways flow like a backed up bathroom in a run down roadside diner. You collect your spirits, gathering the reports in a few moments. Nobody seems to have gone in or out of the guardhouse in the last three hours. Not too surprising, it's still the middle of the day. You leave a few more spirits to continue watching and head back to the safehouse.

Fenris
Alright guys, it's obvious that interest in this thread has died, so it's closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012