Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: Opening night
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
A Rodent of Unusual Size
Yeah, I think I'll drop off to (and I admit, a big reason for that is I just cannae handle playing alongside a Sailor Moon type). smile.gif I don't think Paul really liked my base concept anyway, so it's no big loss.

Good luck with the game and I hope you all have fun with it! biggrin.gif
theartthief
If you are willing to bend a little on the everyday posting I will be happy to play. With three kids I don't have much spare time.

Thanks

- theartthief
paul_HArkonen
@ROUS to be perfectly honest the idea sounds great, i just want to change what you call it, otherwise i think its a really good idea, and the Sailor isn't automatically in yet, just thought it was an interesting concept.

@theartthief I can bend some, but it means I'll be NPCing your character some in combat just so it flows better.
paul_HArkonen
Right now I'm trying to verify who is currently making characters and who has decided to frop out.

I've currently gotten characters from the following people
Tisoz: Kyra (i think, Pretty sure you sent me Kyra, If I'm wrong be sure to correct me)
Panzergeist: Oz
Moon Stone spider: Makoto
Glyph: Valkrie
Beast of Revolutions: Laurence "Flash Eldar
and Cursedsoul: (well haven't gotten an actual characer yet, but i assume one is coming)

The fact that one is on that list doesn't garuntee that you will be getting a spot, its just who I've gotten

If anyone else who is currently working on a character, or is even just interested could post on this thread or send me a message i would apreciate it, I'm just trying to pin down how many people are actually still interested.
Buddha72
Sorry Paul for the late post.

I have a ex-Yamatetsu security agent. She is a wet-work type that got her freedom through hard work and loyalty to the corp. Still has ties to them through an exec. Mostly melee, doesn't use guns. Light cyber (datajack only) and moderate bio-ware. She has a host of knowledge skills centered around the shadow and corp sector. Has a decent skills for B&E to get to targets. If any of you have watched Buffy think Faith, tough girl attitude but not as crazy as she was. She has a great street rep, she follows the contract and can work with others when the job calls for it.
Sammiel
i sent you an orc physad. smile.gif
Cursedsoul
What I have so far is what I've sent in personal messages. I've got to do my gear, contacts, Edges and Flaws. Nothing that I can't finish today.
Wraithkin
Don't forget about the link I sent to you. I plan to work on it when I leave work for home in 3 minutes, and publish it tonight. I'll get you a finished sheet tonight. Whittling down an existing character is kinda hard to do. smile.gif
Wraithkin
Actually, nix that.

Sorry, now that I think about it, I won't have time for this come January when I go into the Military. So count me out. Sorry.
Moonstone Spider
Sorry to chase you off Rodent, I'm perfectly aware this is a kooky character but I thought it'd be fun to have one that wasn't grim, dark, violent, and wearing a black trenchcoat. Guess I'll catch you next time when I've got a more conventional runner.
Ray Becker
Hi just wondering if you have any more room if so I've got most of a full mage/sniper combo just waiting to be completed with background and contacts.
paul_HArkonen
yeah there's still room and like a week to finish characters.
Ray Becker
K, thanks.
Raiko
I'm still planning on sending you my Rigger (Pretorian) over the weekend.
Sammiel
resent my char
TinkerGnome
Somehow got a character off wink.gif
Badmojo
Hey Paul, If you have any more room I would like to get in on this game. Had an idea for a Troll Physed or possibly a Dwarf sam/pi/rigger... Let me know in any case.
Cursedsoul
You've got a week before he decides who's in and who's out, so go ahead is what I'm sure he'll say.
paul_HArkonen
Yeah that's about right, you've still got like a week or so if you want to join in, that goes for everyone.
paul_HArkonen
I need to know who sent me Kyra, she looks fine, but i still don't have a creator for her, if whoever she belongs to could speak up it would make life much easier.
tisoz
QUOTE (paul_HArkonen)
I need to know who sent me Kyra, she looks fine, but i still don't have a creator for her, if whoever she belongs to could speak up it would make life much easier.

tisoz - Kyra

Sorry. Was resending with the 20 questions answered.
paul_HArkonen
that's fine and i got it.
is anyone else planning on sending in characters?
Cursedsoul
Almost done with the sheet. Background is already like, 6 pages of info. These last minute questions things are a killer. You know what to expect anyways from my constant and persistent badgerings. grinbig.gif
Cursedsoul
Got the character sheet like, 98% done. Sorry for all my changing of my mind. I hope its all good in the end. Background is up to 10.5 pages of info. Stop me if your nose starts bleeding. biggrin.gif

I went a bit knowsoft happy. Guess the Chipjack Expert Driver just lit the munchkin fire under my ass.

So much damn gear. I filled up the entire back page of this paper.

In case any of you care he's a cyber friendly monk who likes to throw people around the room. wink.gif

He'll probably end up being something of the moral objection, insisting we go light on the killing and so on. Not a pacifist but probably close to it. Of course I've yet to do up his personality so I'll no doubt crazy him up a bit. Can't be a total weenie now can I? smile.gif

I just hope my inexperience doesn't end up shooting me in both feet, the hands, and the face. dead.gif
Shellshock
Is it too late to join in now?
paul_HArkonen
Its not too late if you can get me a sheet by friday, and That applies for everyone who asks.
Moonstone Spider
Hey Cursed, your character and mine will probably gang up on anybody else and force our moral values on them.
Cursedsoul
Whoo! Go us. And if they don't listen can always pummel them until they do! grinbig.gif
TinkerGnome
At this point, Paul probably has so many characters that it's a crap shoot on who's in or out. Do like I do and rule out the really bad ones then draw the rest from a hat wink.gif

Okay, so I usually just cave and run for everyone, but sometimes I draw.
paul_HArkonen
Right now I've made two piles the ones i like and the ones i don't like, and actually i'm only like 3 over the number i was looking for. The New GMs to the forum seem to get fewer players than those of you who have done it quite a few times (TinkerGnome).
TinkerGnome
You're obviously mistaken about me. I've tried numerous times, I've never actually gotten one to fly very far wink.gif

GMing in an online environment is hard. I'm only doing so well with the one I just started because I'm doing my best to emulate some of the GMs I've played under who managed successful games wink.gif
Cursedsoul
Finally E-mailed my character. Everyone, meet Entropic Phantom. I figure he'll be a bit unstable but pretty much an easy going decent fellow.

Fear his stunning fist of doom (think taser because that's that its modelled after, only it does extremely little damage, if any) and his taste for throwing people into walls.
theartthief
Sorry for waiting so long to send in Darksky. I've been sick.

He is a B&E personality who doesn't want to off the corp goons because he grew up the son of corp goons and knows that they have a family to go home to. He is as my namesake, an art thief.

- theartthief

[EDIT: Corrected grammar.]
paul_HArkonen
I'm going to post an OOC thread for it with a list of characters now, i'd like to see just a sort of sound off/roll call in it. either tomorrow morning, or tomorrow evening I'm going to post the IC thread with the first entry, after that you're on your own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012