Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thera Sourcebook
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FlakJacket
Does anyone have access to the old earthdawn Thera sourcebook? I'm trying to track down and confirm a couple points of information from an old conversation I half remember.

First off, Italy used to be a province of Thera's called Talea didn't it? And during the chapter they made some references to a pure white Great Dragon with the rather nifty power of being able to see all moments of time at exactly the same time, that lived underground somewhere there- I have vague memories of the Rome area? And that he was somehow connected to a really thinly veiled ripoff of some early Christian-like cult? Thanks.
Ancient History
Yes on most points, except said dragon did not ahve the omniscient power. I'll quote ye exact bits when I have the time, later on tonight. if ye like.
FlakJacket
It didn't? Shite. Ah well, my idea, my line on draconic powers.
Ancient History
Ah, my bad. It appears the dragon "Mole Skin" can see the future as if all moments in time were happening simultaneously. I'd just say he/she had Divining and run with it.
FlakJacket
Cool. Means that I can implement the whole whilst being able to foresee uncountable possibilities, actually figuring them out and just not getting caught up in them all- can even throw in a little Minority Report "Is it now?" or some such - means he's not too uber. This is working out nicely. biggrin.gif
Wireknight

It appears the dragon "Mole Skin" can see the future as if all moments in time were happening simultaneously.

Wow, that's not a ripoff of Milton's description of God at all. I bet the cult isn't supposed to be a thinly veiled reference to Christianity. God is a Great Dragon! Jesus was a Drake!

Why do people always try and explain the "truth" behind Christianity, Judaism, etc.. in RPG settings? It always seems unnecessarily incendiary to me.
motorfirebox
god is a balm and cushioning power for your feet. jesus died to soothe your blisters!
FlakJacket
From what I can tell, they're actually kinda proto-Christians. They're just a bit early in that Mole Skin's let them in on Jesus turning up and his general teachings a few thousand years before the fact. This could be interesting.
Ancient History
It doesn't have to be Christianity. Could be pre-Judaisim, pre-Islam, pre-<Insert culture with prophet here.>

Although I must say, they really could have worked harder ont he Theran Empire sourcebook.
Talia Invierno
The idea of divine a-temporality predates Milton by some centuries.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012