Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: barrier ratings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
derren
anyone know if there is a list of barrier ratings for weapons?
shadd4d
You mean shooting the weapons themselves? I think you can infer from the barrier table, but as such, I don't think one exists.

Don
Legend
Anyone got any numbers as to what barrier rating they would give a gun?
Backgammon
A bullet would probably bounce off a gun rather than go through it I think. I mean, the gun probably wouldn't work anymore, but for a bullet to punch thru that much metal... pretty unlikely.
The White Dwarf
Whatever its made of. If its a sword or gun, Id use whatever looked like metal/steel/titanium/whatever off the table. If its a bat, use wood. If its a type of plastic, Id use something close. Be prepared for a little lee way in GM calls here, and also dont estimate too high. Barrier ratings are for structural materials, even if (lets say) steel is barrier rating 6, a sword or gun is probably less since its a thinner piece of metal (like, not a steel girder). Im not even sure Id want to rule they have them, if only because of the way someone could line their coat with weapons to get barrier rating armor.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012