Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cursing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Adam
Hey folks,

The admins have recieved several complaints and reports lately that swearing is becoming too prolific in the forums; this is a general notice to please tone things down. Dumpshock isn't first grade, but it's not a strip club - it's somewhere in-between, so please try to keep your language at an appropriate level.

Thank you.
Ancient History
Oh, all right. Dagnabit.
Snow_Fox
Or at least use the published swear works- hoop, slitch, frag.
nezumi
QUOTE (Adam)
Dumpshock isn't first grade, but it's not a strip club - it's somewhere in-between, so please try to keep your language at an appropriate level.

Does that mean I'm not allowed to read the forums while naked any more?
Adam
Sure you can. You just can't charge money for it. wink.gif
CoalHeart
for a few moments I was thinking this was a thread on Curse type spells. Silly me.

FXcalibur
Sure you can. You just can't charge money for it.

What? I could have charged for it?!

Percent-Dollar sign-Ampersand-Semi colon and exclamation mark too!
Firewall
QUOTE (nezumi)
Does that mean I'm not allowed to read the forums while naked any more?

Can't see why not, I am doing it right now...
toturi
Adam, shouldn't posts like this be CLOSED for being a non-Shadowrun topic?
GreatChicken
Percent-Dollar sign-Ampersand-Semi colon and exclamation mark too!

...That's *MY* line, twit. ohplease.gif
Abstruse
Can we get a list of acceptable swear words or something? I hate when people say "Keep it PG-13" because of the way the MPAA works, you can have damn near anything in a PG-13 movie if you're Spielberg (look at MINORITY REPORT. Multiple uses of the F-word, multiple uses of the S-word, blood from a gunshot, several instances of murder, some graphic...). Just looking for a general guideline.

The Abstruse One
shadd4d
That's fine for movies, but not for an online forum. Look at our canon o' conduct, for instance.

Don
Adam
QUOTE (Abstruse)
Can we get a list of acceptable swear words or something?

No. Because it's not based on what words you're saying, it's based on how often you're saying them and how you're saying them. Nobody wants to run around saying "Don't say that! or that! ok.. you can say that.. but not that!" - we just want to encourage people to not litter their posts with cursing.
fourstring_samurai
minority report was pg13? whoa.
Smiley
Well, ain't THAT some sh... umm... poop.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Adam @ Jun 15 2004, 01:00 PM)
Sure you can. You just can't charge money for it. wink.gif

Adam, does this make you think of a certain Australian? wink.gif
kevyn668
Boooo! Inside jokes = hurt kevyn frown.gif

Kidding (mostly).

Seriously though, I'm glad you posted this. IRL, I curse like a drunken sailor--despite not being one--but around here I try to keep it down. When see folks going off the four letter deep end for no apparent reason, I get rather torqued off. I'm like, "if he/she does it, why can't I?"

Anyways, good job. smile.gif
Number 6
QUOTE (Adam)
Dumpshock isn't first grade, but it's not a strip club - it's somewhere in-between...

So kind of like an underage Hooters? eek.gif
BitBasher
QUOTE (Number 6)
QUOTE (Adam @ Jun 15 2004, 11:33 AM)
Dumpshock isn't first grade, but it's not a strip club - it's somewhere in-between...

So kind of like an underage Hooters? eek.gif

... in thailand if its between a strip club and a kindergarden! eek.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
Adam, does this make you think of a certain Australian? wink.gif

No, and for that, I think I'm thankful. smile.gif
Mr.Platinum
I would like to appoligize to every one for my foul a$$ mouth.
At some times i have the need to tell other dump shockers off cause soem of them are just stupid heads.** I would of used a bad word there**
But then I'm only appoligizing to the good ones , not the dumb a$$'s.
Arethusa
Platinum, if that apology were a person, his bones would snap in a weak breeze.

Adam, close and sticky this, or something. This thread (I think fairly obviously) isn't going anywhere, and it's mostly already served its purpose.
Abstruse
WOULD'VE...it's WOULD'VE! Not "would of". "Would of" isn't a real phrase. It means nothing. The correct phrase is "would have" which is contracted as "would've".

The Abstruse One
Siege
QUOTE (Abstruse)
WOULD'VE...it's WOULD'VE! Not "would of". "Would of" isn't a real phrase. It means nothing. The correct phrase is "would have" which is contracted as "would've".

The Abstruse One

In the words of our esteemed colleague, "stop being a stupid head."

grinbig.gif

-Siege
Mr.Platinum
God you guys are awesome!

Would of, should of , just go eat a dick
BitBasher
Come on man this very thread is about cutting out the profanity and you have to say that? THat's pretty much just not funny, more like flipping off the admins Mr Platinum.
Mr.Platinum
****Come on man this very thread is about cutting out the profanity and you have to say that? THat's pretty much just not funny, more like flipping off the admins Mr Platinum.****

No I'm flipping off the abtruse one, interpret it as how ever you want. And Stop kissing Admin A$$
Siege
QUOTE (BitBasher)
Come on man this very thread is about cutting out the profanity and you have to say that? THat's pretty much just not funny, more like flipping off the admins Mr Platinum.

Really? I thought he was making an invitation -- although I didn't know Abtruse swung that way.

-Siege
Arethusa
Adam, please close this fucking thread.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum @ Jun 17 2004, 03:39 PM)
****Come on man this very thread is about cutting out the profanity and you have to say that? THat's pretty much just not funny, more like flipping off the admins Mr Platinum.****

No I'm flipping off the abtruse one, interpret it as how ever you want. And Stop kissing Admin A$$

No, but you are rapidly becoming a shining example of what they were talking about when they started the thread.
BitBasher
This is a privately owned forum. I think in light of that it's important to respect the wishes of the admin staff. Heck, I think it's important to respect the board rules of conduct.
Fresno Bob
Righto, old chap. Now stop this tomfoolery, and let's have some tea.

*Adjusts top hat and monocle*
Mr.Platinum
yes I am a shining example of how I express my self to idiots. Now is'nt there something called freedom of speech in your country?

But yeah send over a spot of tea.
Adam
Wow. Several of you people really blow my mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012