Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with corruption
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fygg Nuuton
what would be the motives of a corrupted phoenix shaman? any ideas? i cant really think of any at all

if i get an answer real fast ill be forced to hit myself with my shoe...

so at least you all have incentive! rotfl.gif
Frag-o Delux
Destroying the world so it can be reborn better?

Abstruse
Read the book (not the movie, though the movie is really good as well) of Fight Club. The main premise of the book that is lost a little in the film is the idea of hitting rock bottom. If you hit rock bottom, you have nowhere to go but up and you can become anything you want. After being totally beat down and destroyed, then you can only remake yourself. That'd be pretty good for a corrupt Phoenix shaman. Encouraging others to destroy themselves so they can be reborn as something better. And with their large charisma, it would be pretty easy to attract a group of followers.

The Abstruse One
Talia Invierno
Edit: Abtruse, I disagree. Having nothing to lose only means absolute freedom of action, not whether action taken would be inherently corrupt or not. (Indeed, were that the case, Zen Buddhism would inherently be a corrupt religion.)

Since our group was debating that Roxy (from Chicago) had "become" a corrupted Phoenix shaman, two motivations might be an overarching and frustrated drive for fame, and survival. A third, from our own game, might be significant betrayal - not just run-of-the-mill betrayal, but as personal as it gets. As always, none of these factors guarantee corruption. Some will fall to them, some not.
JongWK
Heh, I was about to suggest The Dark Phoenix Saga, but it has nothing do with this I suspect silly.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012