Full Version: Running SotF's Rest
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Skarn Ka
You’ve GMed Rest in SotF.
How was it ?
What was cool ?
What was boring ?
What dificulties were you faced with ?
What advice would you give me, who'll be running it soon ?

Thanks !
Ronin Soul
In the Survival of the Fittest forums on the old Dumpshock there was some good stuff on running Rest I think.

I found the best way to run it was to make it as spooky as all hell. I got rid of all living factions. I just had Shedim and ghosts stalking the runners through the ruined city. I also had areas where the Astral could be seen by anyone in the city and made those as terrifying as possible (think Event Horizon, Eternal Darkness and all other scary crap).

There was crap all fighting but I had my players on the edge of thie seats and the few times they did get into fights were really scary (completely caught off guard by a lot of Shedim, stuff like that).

Damn, I forgot about the wraith. If I recall correctly it really pissed off the players because they had no idea why the characters were beginning to hate one another. But then, nothing breaks up an argument more than a blood-curdling howl that is joined by others coming from all around the group...
(Disclaimer: Yeah, so Shedim probably don't howl. So sue me, I thought it was cool and it scared the bejesus out of the players)
The White Dwarf
AYe, spookey is the way to go big time. Critters, ones they havent seen before, are good. The wraith is awesome. Shedim with differing powers keeps them on their toes. My players loved and hated this mission, so I think it went over well =)

Dont be afraid to be viscious and have them attack each other from the wraith, just try and make sure no one dies hehe =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012