Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Opening Night
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
paul_HArkonen
@Felix
The smell of the rain to come had permeated throughout the city. As you reached your apartment the scent became so strong you could almost taste the coming rain. When you entered your apartment you could see the red light on your answering machine blinking, a new message. Checking the caller ID you discovered it was from Kitty. As you played the message Kitty’s face appeared on the screen.

“Hey Darksky, I got a job for you, could use your particular talents, might need a few doors opened, why don’t you stop by Tooth and Claw” giving a address to a place just out of Redmond “tomorrow at 8:00 and you can discuss it. I’ll catch you later.” With that the message ends.

@Archer
You awaked from the dream with your fist still clenched, and your heart still pounding. You thought to yourself they will pay for taking her away, all of them, they will pay. Still slightly groggy from waking up so suddenly, you realized that your phone was buzzing. Standing up you walked over to it, checking the ID you confirmed it was Zoe.

“Hey archer, I’ve got a new job for you to check out, go get something to eat from the Tooth and Claw at 8:00 tomorrow and think about it, I know you prefer to kill off bugs, but the pay is good, and you need a break.”

@Phantom
In the dark of the monastery you could feel the sweat dripping down your back. The day’s work had been hard but fulfilling. As you finished you could feel the buzz of your phone. As you answered it you heard the familiar voice of Cobweb.

“New employment opportunity for you, I need you to meet the Johnson at the Tooth and Claw tomorrow at 8:00.” And with that he hangs up.

@Joseph
The dark of your small apartment reflected well upon the dark in which you operate. The soy of your meal tasted just like every other meal. The phone buzzed loudly compared to the now broken silence. The voice on the other end was easily recognizable as Jimmy; he must have a job to call this late.

“Hey, Joseph I’ve got a job lined up for you, standard fare, just need you to sign on the dotted line and march on down to the Tooth and Claw at 8:00 tomorrow night” with that he hangs up.

@ Tallon
Well you suppose this life is better than death by way of your friends but it could be better. Constant rain that can eat you alive, people who still hate you and everything tastes of soy. Ah the life of the Ork. When your phone goes off you know it isn’t a social call, that’s for humans and Elves, this has to be about a job.

“Hey Tallon, its Alex, I’ve got a job keyed to your specialty. Why don’t you head over to the Tooth and Claw at 8 tomorrow night, I think you’ll be interested.”

@ Laurence
The meal was excellent as usual, the perks of having a nice look, the filet was cooked to exactly the right level of rare. As the flavors washed through your mouth the phone begins to buzz. As you pick it up you see its Scorch, likely with a job.

“Hey Laurence I just got word of a job that I think you should take, it’s going to require some finesse and I think your talents are just what is needed.” Rattling off the Address to a bar just east of Redmond, he states that the meet is going to be tomorrow at 8:00 PM. Scorch leans back and waits for your response.
Shadow
Jonus punched the disconnect and collapsed back into bed. His massive frame settle uneasily against the plastic reinforced cot. Seven years, seven long years and he was still having nightmares.

He rested his head against the wall until his breathing slowed down. He meditated silently, trying to get himself to fall back to sleep. It worked. Darkness embraced him, but as always, they were there waiting for him.
Cursedsoul
"Well that was a bit short and sweet. Oh well, guess he must be busy. All that sitting in dark corners of bars really takes it out of a guy." Phantom sighs as he rolls his eyes before disconnecting and taking stock of what to do between now and then.

"Hmm....first I'm going to take a shower. Then I'll have a cup of herbal tea and get to thinking." he ponders to himself as he heads off to the shower room.

As the lukewarm water falls over his body Phantom can't help think about the scars all over his body while he lathers ups, running his fingers over the outline of each grouping and recalling with a bitter aftertaste how they came to be.

The enjoyment of the shower does not go to waste however as the rhythm of the drumming water soothes and relaxes him, taking with it the memories of the fire that claimed his old life.

While towelling off he begins planning the remainder of the evening and the next day.

"Ahh, refreshing as always. After I get my tea I think I'll head over to my former electronics shop and harass whoever's unlucky enough to be on tonight with annoying questions about everything in the store after which I'll then go home and get a good night's rest. Tomorrow I'll take it easy and do some light chores so I won't be exhausted by the meeting. No sense showing up with a bloodshot eye and the inability to process information."

Waking up to the sound of his cheap, low quality EZ-Wake alarm is irritating as always. Taking a few moments to chase the ghosts of sleepiness away, Phantom stares up at the basement ceiling of his Auburn aparment and thinks to himself "Another day, another test" before getting up to do his morning Wing Chun exercises.

Trying his best to enjoy his Soycaf and cardboard flavored Soyflakes Phantom dresses himself for the day's events.

Sporting his embroidered robes, he affectionately smooths out the wrinkles from hanging in the pitiful excuse for a closet overnight. He then ties his martial artist's belt snugly around his waist, taking the time to smooth this out as well.

Moving over a battered second-hand nightstand, he puts on his colored bead bracelet, reflecting momentarily on how he earned each one. After this, he straps on his copper metal band, running his fingers over the inscription of "Know Always The Path of The Self And You Shall Not Fail" and nods in approval, the hint of a satisfied smile creeping across his face.

Opening the drawer of his nightstand he produces the dented well-worn watch that he has come to love and cherish. Putting this on he shines it up a bit and attaches it to his left wrist alongside the band and he bracelet.

Strolling over to his rather dilapitated floor length mirror he checks his appearance to make sure its in order. After this is done he adjusts his locket, fitting the clasp behind his neck and making sure everything is in good shape. Almost as an afterthought, he opens it up and gazes at the photo inside, warmly remembering the occasion and savoring it as long as he can before the reality that his parents are no longer in his life sours the taste.

Letting out his breath he strokes his beard before removing the Medallion symbolizing his monk order from the peg where he hangs it, clasps it securely around his neck and strolls out the door exclaiming "good bye apartment, don't go anywhere while I'm gone" as he locks the door and heads off to his monestary on his motorcycle, his robes billowing slightly during his ride.
Sammiel
Tallon grumbles discontentedly to himself as he rolls back to sleep.

The next morning, he rises early and goes about a morning routine, keeping himself immaculately groomed and bathed.

'Immaculate my ass, when the water makes you dirtier and your face looks like it was put through a cement mixer' Tallon sighs to himself. 'Everything really does taste like Soy' as he chomps down some anonymous breakfast foods.

Tallon piddles the day away exercising, and tying up some loose ends on a surveillance job he just finished. 'A job keyed to my specialty? Fuckin hell, why couldn't I have been a botanist? A botanist probably would never end up as a paid killer. Better get to this meet though'
TinkerGnome
Joseph nodded to himself silently as he put down the phone. His face was blank, and for all of the emotion he showed, it may never have shown an emotion. His eyes lingered on the reciever for an instant before he turned, slowly sweeping the dingy apartment.

A job meant a new target. A new target meant a new challenge.

For the first time, his lips turned up slightly on one end. The thought of a target seemed to please him.

As his thoughts rolled, he slide the rug away and searched the boards with his fingertips. With a click, the latch released and a set of boards came free. He shifted them aside and quested with his fingers in the darkness for his instrument.

He found it just where he'd left it days before. His fingers caressed the hard sided case as he rested it on the floor. With a double click, he opened the case and made sure he would be ready for his next recital.

The next day, he set out for the meet, case in hand.
theartthief
Hello, Kitty. What have we here. No art?

Felix settles into his normal evening routine. He flips on the trid, watches the news and settles in to one of his many flat-vid movies afterwards. Tonight it is Matrix Reloaded. He settles into his chair and enjoys the antics of Neo, Trinity, and Morpheus.

This one is better than the next one. Too bad, the series started out so good.

After the movie he lays out his meet clothes. Nothing fancy or that would attract a lot of attention - just a simple set of secure clothes in Japanese cut. If Kitty had said that the meet was about art he would have pulled the generic corp-style suit. As it was, if he were underdressed that would be her fault; however she had never let him down so he put the thought out of his head.

The next morning he decides that a real apple with his cereal will be a nice treat. This apartment has that luxury, he thinks to himself.

His Raiper gets him to the art gallery well before noon to catch the unveiling of a new Modesto paiting. It is quite decidedly horrible. However, on the right market it could be worth something. He makes a precursory look at security and decides that notes will have to wait until later as there are too many guards today.

The rest of the afternoon is spent admiring the decent collection of Uruk sculptures from before 2037. After that, fame went to his head and his work was never the same.

Glancing at his watch he decides that it is time to head to the Tooth and Claw for a bite of dinner and some business. If traffic is kind he should arrive at 1930.
paul_HArkonen
@All:
As you aproach the area of the bar you know that this is not a place for those who don't know how to protect themselves. The bar is a lower end joint that seems to cater almost solely to orks. A large Troll stands at the entrance although he is unarmed he looks like he is the one who keeps trouble under control. As you enter the Troll at the door gives you the once over, he looks at you then waves you into the bar. The interior of the bar is slightly run down, but still servicable. It's not one of the nicest places in Seattle but it is certainly not one of the worst. Looking around the room you can see orks of all classes sitting around talking with each other. there are other races here, dwarves and trolls mostly, but a two humans sit together in a back dark cornner, obviously not paying attention to anything except the other person. A single ELf sits at the bar. He doensn't seem to notice the fact that he is the only one of his kind here, and sips his beer slowly and contently, watching a football game on the only trid in the entire bar.

@All Orks
You feel Imediatley at home here, there are others who know your pain and your hardships, the way that no one who hasn't goblinized and haven't suffered the trauma of raceism could.

@All but Darksky and Jonus
Sitting in a shadowed corner of the bar, away from the front entrance a single Dwarf stands out. He is wearing a slightly tattered suit, but something about his manner and how he sits screams Johnson.

@Darksky and Jonus
About 5 minutes after you arive you see a Dwarf wearing a tattered suit come in and speak calmly with the Barkeep, both of the jesturing towards a door behind the bar. After about 5 minutes of talking the Dwarf nods, hands over a credstick and moves to an empty table near the back of the building.
Shadow
Jonus sits in his dark corner, brooding over a half empty stein of beer. His mood as sower as the loosing team on the trid. He shifted uncomfortably in the booth. The bar had a nagging feeling of acceptance, and that kind of emotion was lost to him. His soul longed to embrace it, but his heart refused it.

He kept his mind busy by running through his mental checklist. He had loaded two Five-seveN's with ExEx and placed them in the holsters in the small of his back. Each were easily reachable. He had two spare magazines of ExEx in each pocket, along with one each loaded with ExEx and incendiary rounds, just in case.

He figured the dwarf for the Johnson, but he wasn't sure. So as the time approached he heaved his bulky frame over to the bar and spoke to the keeper.

"Yo," his gravely voice rumbled. "I'm here to meet a Mr. Johnson, you know who he is?"
paul_HArkonen
@ Jonus
The Dwarf looks up and you and in a voice just as gravely are yours says, "I'm Mr. Johnson, just sit down and when your friends get here we can talk about the job opertunity I have for you."
Beast of Revolutions
Laurence "Flash" Elder arrives, looking spiffy in his fine clothing, and takes a seat.
Cursedsoul
Sitting in a shadowed corner of the bar, away from the front entrance a single Dwarf stands out. He is wearing a slightly tattered suit, but something about his manner and how he sits screams Johnson.

As he arrives at the bar, Phantom makes sure to park his motorcycle in an area where it seems least likely to be stolen, pockets the keys and walks off to the bar trying his best not to attract too much attention with his tres chic hooded merlin cloak and chuckles to himself over the notion.

As he's waiting to enter he takes notice of the fact that the majority of the others are orks and smiles from beneath his hood. Once he reaches the bouncer and sees that he is visibly unarmed, he pulls down his robes and gives the bouncer a friendly smile and a nod before pulling it back up and entering.

Taking a spot at the bar nearest to the entrance and as off to the corner as possible he takes in the surroundings, feeling comfortable almost immediately and silently relishing the uncommon emotion. To the few looks that he gets he responds in kind, giving a non-chalant look to those who look offended, and a nod to those who look simply confused.

As opposed to drinking Phantom spends the time in contemplation and relaxation, observing the patrons, the bartender, and the dwarf in particular.

"This is strangely entertaining, I can see why Cobwebs enjoys it so much." he muses to himself as he glances at his watch.

"Oh drek, five minutes until the meeting." he thinks as he flags down the bartender.

"I've got a meeting with someone named Mr Johnson this evening and I'm curious if you know of whom I speak." Phantom says from beneath his hood already knowing who the answer is likely to be.
paul_HArkonen
@Flash
As you step into the bar it becomes readily apparent that looking spiffy in fine clothes isn't what this bar is used to, but no one stops you or even glances at you more than twice.

@Phantom

The Barkeep looks at you and says, "If you mean the 8 o'clock one he's sitting over in that corner" gesturing towards the Dwarf, "If you mean the 9 o'clock Mr. J he isn't here yet and If you mean the 10 o'clock one you should go somewhere else for 2 or so hours or buy a lot of beer, and your type doesn't tend to drink a lot of beer before your meetings."
TinkerGnome
Joseph slips into the bar from outside with an easy grace that speaks of training and experience. He nods to the bouncer but makes no disarming guesture unless it is clear that not doing so will result in a confrontation. Even though he is only human, he looks like he can handle himself. A very faint bulge under one of his arms is the only indication that he is armed, though his longcoat is surely armored.

He slides to the bar and orders a drink, checking his watch and watching the last ten minutes tick away. The Johnson was probably in the bar, somewhere, and he scanned the room trying to decide who it was.

Just as he was about to ask for himself, Phantom asked the bartender about the Johnson. Joseph's eyes found the corner and he realized with a start that this was going to be a team gig. That could be good, of course, but usually that meant a lower profit in the end.

It was early to bail, even if the run was peanuts, though, so he made his way carefully over to the table and took a seat with the other apparent runners.
Cursedsoul
"No, not my type at all. Thank you for the help bartender, that'll be all"

With that Phantom will nod yet again and make his way to where the dwarf and the others are sitting. He takes a seat with a clearest view of the table as a whole, and will push back his cowl so as to expose his scars and be able to look everyone directly in the eye.

With that he'll begin observing the others in silence, pondering whether conversation is a smart option or not.

Additional thoughts of "Bloody hell, I'm still too damn new at this. Hope I don't make myself out to be a fool." and of how to best present himself will float through his mind until everything gets underway.
theartthief
DarkSky, Felix reminded himself, is the one in charge this evening.

DarkSky decided to park close to the building as this was not the best place he had ever seen. It was also not the worst by far. He doubted that many art lovers would be found here - other than perhaps the kind that find scantily clad women art. The troll looked like he meant business so DarkSky walked by as calmly as possible. Noting his retinal clock, Darksky realized that traffic was not that kind to him.

He looked around and noted that there was a dwarf that seemed out of place somehow. Mr. Dwarf had done his best to look shabby but came across as a little stiff. Perhaps this is Mr. Johnson?

He walks over and asks - as politely as possible - if the dwarf would be kind enough to point him in the direction of Mr. Johnson.

At the same time he looks at the dwarf with his thermographic vision to see if there is anything unusual about him.
Sammiel
After knocking back a cheap brew or two, Tallon surveys the bar a bit, then overhears the barkeep talking to Phantom. 'Great. People. I hate people.' He walks over to the table with a fresh beer and sits down after a brief nod of his collections of scars, broken tusks, and road rash to the Johnson. He seems to mostly be focused on his drink.
paul_HArkonen
@Darksky
The dwarf nods at you and says, "yeah, that'd be me"

@ All

as everyone takes a seat the dwarf stands up and nods at everyone for them to follow him. You follow him through a door situated behind the bar. Through that door is a small room with a back door that seems to lead to an empty alleyway, a single large table with seats for each of you, and in one corner of the room is a small white noise generator. this room is obviously used for meets fairly often.

As you enter the room and sit down at the table, or stand as is your preference, the dwarf looks each of you in the eye and begins to speak.

"Hello, as most of you know I'm Mr. Johnson. I'm here because my company is interested in purchesing your services. A rival of ours recently acquired a scientist who has made several miraculous discoveries, most of which I am sure are well over your head, anyway, we need that sceintist either gone or working for us. The up front pay will be 1,000 :nuyen: apiece, that will be given now, and will be your signal of accepting the job. Exact details will be given after, as will the exact pay rate, which of course is up for negotiation. Are there any simple questions, ones that have nothing to do with the specifics of the job?"
TinkerGnome
"Is there a bonus for bringing in the target alive?" Joseph asks in a manner that indicates that additional cash is going to determine the target's fate. His face is impassive and it's clear that he isn't particularly concerned about the background of the job, only the details of the execution.
Sammiel
Tallon listens intently and seems about to speak up when Joseph asks his question. Tallon leans back and continues to nurse his brew, awaiting Mr. J's response.
paul_HArkonen
The Johnson looks at you, and sates simply, "Bringing in the target alive is preferable and the pay scale will be adjusted to acount for that," looking at the orks, "in simple terms that means yes you get more money if you bring in the person alive. Are there any other questions before you agree on the job or walk out?"
TinkerGnome
Joseph's lips twist slightly at the mention of bonus pay for bringing the target out alive. Depending on the amount of cash at stake, that could make the decision on how to do the job much more difficult.

In any case, he inclined his head to the Johnson. "I'm in."
Cursedsoul
"Drekking racists. Just don't see the point...pah." crosses Phantom's mind as the insult crosses the dwarf's lips.

"Hopefully this isn't going to cause any serious problems. At least alive is preferred to dead." being the next thought as he utters "My participation in this excursion is most emphatically affirmed. Or if you prefer simpler terms, count me in as well." looking the Johnson squarely in the eyes.

"Take that and like it. Drekking racists." he once again thinks to himself.
Shadow
Archer's eye's narrow a bit at the implied insult, but he let's it wash over him. Liking the Johnson was rarely a consideration when taking a job.

"I'm in." He could always back out later if the details proved unpleasant.
theartthief
DarkSky listens to the Johnson and thinks to himself, Well, well, he isn't art but I know how to remove things when people don't want them removed. I suppose that a person can't be that hard to remove. After all, if he doesn't want to go then an unconscious person is no more dificult than a large oriental rug or a small statue.

He is about to nod his agreement when Joseph asks his question.

He seems to be a little bloodthirsty....

Listening to the exchange between the Johnson and Phantom he realizes that the level of tension could skyrocket out of control. When it doesn't escalate any further, he relaxes and says, "I can be counted on for my services."

Sammiel
Tallon seems to pay no heed to the insult.

"I'm in."
paul_HArkonen
Looking at Flash the Johnson asks simply, "what about you, you in or are you going to walk away from here now?"
paul_HArkonen
Looking up "Flash" looks the johnson over, "No I'm afraid I can't work with this croup or this job, I'm afraid I have to walk." And with that he stands up and walks out of the room.

Turing to face all of the the Johnson says, "well, now that we have that sorted out we can begin. The target is a scientist working for Aztechnology, he has recently made several discoveries, and we are afraid and believe that more are on the way, this must be prevented, and so we are hiring you to eliminate this threat. on the average day he is extraordinarily well protected, in a well protect area of Azzie territory. However, one week from tonight at 8 pm he will be going to a show that opens that night. We have found that he was sponsoring the show. On that particular night he likely won't be particularly well guarded and we believe that it is your best chance for a strike. Here is the address for the building, other than that more info will have to come from you." As he speaks he pulls out several pieces of paper and a single datadisk. "This is a picture of your target, his name is unimportant. Your pay will be 15,000 :nuyen: for the entire remaining team upon completion. Because of the nature of your target we would prefer that he be taken alive. If you can take him alive we will add a bonus of another 20,000 :nuyen:. for details about the extraction, if you take him alive call this number for details on the drop off point, if you don't call this number to report the success and for further details on how to receive you fee." As he continues to speak he places two numbers on the table, indicating each one in turn. "Now are there andy questions from all of you?"
theartthief
Six minus one is five ... 15,000 dived by ... comes to 3 grand each. That is if Mr. Bloodthirsty doesn't just shoot the guy on sight to make the run easier... Ok, this sounds doable.

Very well, Mr. Johnson, you have said that the target's name is unimportant and I understand your point of view; however, knowing as much as we can about this person would help us in determining his habits and methods which will increase our chance of success. I am sure that you would agree that bettering our chances would be in everyone's interest.

If his name is still not available, would you consent to telling us what his habits are? How will he most likely arrive? Who or what will his guard detail be? Does he have any known vices that can be exploited? I am sure that these may seem like insignificant details to you; however, they would be of great help to us.
Cursedsoul
Just shut up and observe. Leave the work to the experienced, maybe you'll pick up on something useful.

Entropic listens attentively to everything that is said, taking in the facts and ignoring the loss of one of the candidates.

I hate being so new as to not be fully aware as to what needs doing, saying, or otherwise. Perhaps I should get out of the monestary more often and do some more work so I can avoid this unpleasantness...
TinkerGnome
Joseph nods, apparently pleased at the price being offered for the target alive. Twice the work demanded twice the price, after all. "Is there a cooling off period on an extraction? Or can we drop him straight into your lap?"
paul_HArkonen
Fielding the questions one by one, and as they come to him the Johnson begins his "briefing". "Ok, His name is Geronimo Gonzalez. His habits? I'd say just your average important scientist, He will likely arive by nightsky, although that is subject to change, his guard detail that I know about is a pair of heavy duty bodyguards, trianed from birth for loyalty to the Azzies. As for other guards the Theater has guards of its own although the exacct number and strength of them is unkown. Known vices? If we knew of Vices that could be exploited we would have blackmailed him long ago, no none that we know of." Turning to Joseph as he asks his question the Johnson seems as if he's settling into his element. "Ok for a cooling off period, there will be one, aproximately one day, although if your faces and this attack are all over the trid that time might have to be legnthened." Any other questions?"
TinkerGnome
Joseph had been expecting the cooling off period, but it still didn't sit well with him. "Twenty is a big number, but having to sit on a target that someone wants back for 24 hours is a tough task. I'm not sure that twenty is enough for that one."
Sammiel
Tallon continues to nurse his almost dead beer, listening to the negotiations.
Shadow
"Sounds good. Anything else we should know?"
theartthief
Mr. Bloodthirsty has the right idea. Sitting on art is hard enough but a person who might not want to stay put ... that's a different story.

DarkSky says, "Mr. Johnson, I believe my collegue here has a good point. Might we consider an increase in compensation for the extra handling. Delicate handling requires additional care and often incures additional expenses ..."

DarkSky lets the end hang as if waiting for the Johnson to agree with Joseph and him.

paul_HArkonen
@Darksky and Joseph
Mr. Johnson looks to each of as you speak, considering his options. Finally he looks around at the entire team, "I could increase the bonus to 22,000 for holding him, but that will be all, you can either take or leave that sum."
TinkerGnome
Joseph nods. "It's chill then." He wants to get his hands on the background data on the target, but waits patiently for the negotiations to come to a close.
theartthief
DarkSky bows slightly toward the Johnson and says, "You are most kind. We will not disappoint."

Let's see. Background info on table. More money in a holding pattern. A relatively peaceful J. What is going to go wrong? Well I hope that Mr. Murphey stays as far away from this run as possible.

DarkSky glances over at Joseph and thinks, I will have to learn a little more about this individual.

Need to get numbers and names from everyone. Then it's off to a show at this theater. I wonder if there is any good art?
paul_HArkonen
Mr. Johnson stands up from behind the table, calmly closing his breifcase, leaving the information on the table. "If that is all i'll be leaving now, you can use this room for a short while but by nine the owner needs you gone. If there are no further questions good hunting and don't call that contact number until after you finish the job." at the end of his speech the Johnson is already right nest to the door, right at the end of his talk he pauses for just a moment as if he expects more questions, turning back to the door he walks out.
theartthief
DarkSky looks over the group and says, "The name is DarkSky. I suggest that we sit down and introduce ourselves and exchange contact information. Further, we should plan out the path that we wish to take. I, for one, volunteer to scope out the theatre."

Looking at Joseph he asks, "What do you think?"
Shadow
"Archer, you guys can call me Archer. Where do we want to snatch this guy, outside seems like the best bet."
TinkerGnome
Joseph pulls a short stack of simple business cards from his jacket pocket and slides one to each person. "Name's Joseph," he says. The cards each have a LTG number on them. "I've got some skills when it comes to marksmanship. In this case, I'm guessing that I can handle his body guards or assist with the infiltration effort."

He shrugs.

"As for the snatch, I'm thinking outside, as well. If we can stake out a good location, I can probably take out at least one of his bodyguards before they have a clue that something is up."
Sammiel
Tallon idly scratches the back of his head as the team goes around introducing themselves.

"Tallon is the name. I work best outside, but we should probably scope the place before we make any definite plans."
Cursedsoul
Rousing from his silence Entropic lowers his hood so that everyone is able to look him in the eyes.

"I feel the need to explain my actions earlier before I proceed with the introduction. I felt it was warranted given the circumstances. Another bar in another neighborhood and I would not have said anything as you have done, but in a place such as this I felt as though I would be personally insulting every other ork in the room if I let his comment slide. I for one feel quite comfortable here, a rarity at best. I am sure many others feel likewise. I would not want someone coming into my home and insulting me, and the same feeling extend to this establishment. I offer my apologies for being unprofessional, I just hope you can understand my displeasure."

Giving a quick look around the table to let everyone know he is sincere, he continues.

"My name is Entropic Phantom. Feel free to address me as you see fit. As you can see (gesturing towards his medallion) I am a member of the Order of the Enduring Heart. I am a martial artist and thus, I can handle up close and personal business. I can also lend a hand when it comes to matters of First Aid and electronics."

Taking a breath he adds "As for this excursion I second Mr.Tallon's suggestion of familiarizing ourselves with the area before any serious plans are written up."

With that, he sinks into his seat and waits for discussion to continue.
theartthief
"I believe that Tallon has best expressed the need to see what we will be planning," says DarkSky. "Why don't we move our discussion to the theatre or at least to something nearby? Tomorrow, I will scope out the inside. If anyone is interested he is more than welcome to come with me. After all, it is best to have a plan to remove our target from the inside should anything prevent us from snatching him while he is out and about."

"Here is my LTG number," he says and gives it out verbally. He records everyone elses numbers in his head.
TinkerGnome
Joseph takes the data packet the Johnson left and scans it discreetly. "First we have to figure out where the location is, of course."
paul_HArkonen
@ Joseph
as you scan the Data you discover a single color photo of the man who is obviously the target. The data also contains the address of the theater, a place in the middle of Renton. it also includes an LTG number for contacting the johnson after the job.
Cursedsoul
Looking at Joseph, Entropic asks "May I have that when you are done?" gesturing to the packet.
theartthief
"May I suggest that we use whatever time we have remaining to look at the information together?" intones, DarkSky.

He glances in the corner of his eye, Let's see how much time we have left.

"I believe that we will accomplish more by working together than any of us could alone."
Cursedsoul
"I was thinking we'd all spend a bit of time looking over the information by ourselves; a couple minutes at most. Then we could go over it again as a group. This way we'd all be sure to get a good, clean, look at it before we start passing it around and strategizing."

Taking a moment to gauge the reactions to his suggestion he continues.

"Do any of you have a map of seattle? In my youth I took to wandering around the city for hours at a time so I may be of some use in planning an unobtrusive entrance and/or a quick getaway. I happen to have an excellent one on a datachip, although not on me. A quick upload into my ever useful mobile office and we'll have a rather handy tool. We've got a week, so I imagine it quite possible to plan several routes and travel them by foot and/or vehicle to familiarize ourselves. We may need to make a fast break and I don't imagine taking the time to stare at street signs will be a real option."

Watching the reaction of the team once again he settles back down and hopes that he did not just make a supreme ass out of himself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012