Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character conversion to 3E
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Grimtooth
I'm converting old characters to 3E and have a couple of questions about spells.

Hellblast? Is it now Fireball?

Wrecker and Urban Renewal? Which spells translate?

What's the difference between Ram and Wreck?

Not at home to use my books. I'm bored at work and using the generator to recreate my old characters.

Thanks in advance!
Kagetenshi
Hellblast is no more.

Wreck is an area-effect Ram, IIRC.

~J
hobgoblin
given that most damageing spells in SR3 have a flexible damage level the hellblast and the fireball became one.

(belive me or not but i actualy dug out my old 2ed books for this)

hmm, wrecker looks to be a sr3 wreck spell set to only affect vehicles so just convert it to that (to learn wreck you have to learn one spell pr type of target, wreck:vehicles, wreck:guns and so on). the above fits for urban renewal to except for the area of effect part given in the urban renewal description...

and ram is a touch range wreck. with wreck you only have to see the target to use it while with ram you have to be in contact with the target physicaly. hmm, would be cool to put your hand one someone wheels and see it crumble to a wreck smile.gif (question is, would they attack you or run in fear?)
Cain
Actually, Hellblast still exists, but you'd have to rebuild it. Fireball covers most of it, but IIRC it combined Blast with Fire elemental effects. You could custom-build the spell using the rules in MitS-- it shouldn't be too hard.
hobgoblin
that could allso be done with urban renewal btw, just take wreck and add an area off effect and learn it with target restriction smile.gif

but im not realy sure if hellblast had blast as a special effect as the SR2 description is very similar to fireball (just replace fireball with hellblast and your good to go). nothing about a blast effect there atleast.
Cain
IIRC, it was hiding in the spell description in the Grimoire.
tisoz
Hellblast, a Combat spell with elemental effects.

Shouldn't be too hard to recreate and stay within that +6D drain code.wink.gif(Does anything come close to +6D?)
hobgoblin
in sr3 no combat spells have elemental effects. they are all moved to elemental manipulations.

and sorry to say cain but you better check your mmory for corruption. the grimoire i hold in my hands do not cover hellblast, only fireball (and it only uses fire).

sure you can say that hellblast uses both fire and blast as all the other combat spells with blast in its name use the blast effect. but i cant recall seeing any spells that have more then one elemental effect in SR2. but i can be wrong...

so to me atleast hellblast is just a stronger version of the good old fireball with a more fancy name.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012