Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weapons World
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Phaeton
Howdy, chummers. I was looking at one of Bull's prefabbed plot hooks/adventures at his site (namely Damien Knight and the Ammo Factory) and it made me curious...What level of weaponry does Ares openly sell to the public? I can easily imagine that they'd sell their full range of handguns (possibly including any subcalibre weapons they might have designed, unlike today where weapons like the Five-seveN are strictly sold to the military and police) as well as sporting rifles, but would they sell SMGs? Assault rifles? Maybe even precision sniper rifles under different names? The Thunderer shotgun?

Any data at all would be appreciated. cyber.gif
kevyn668
I'd imagine its kinda like now. They'd sell "civillian" models. AR's and SMG's that only fire single shot, have fixed instead of folding/retractable stocks, lower ammo capacity, etc.
Phaeton
I'm willing to bet they have at LEAST one somehow-legal rifle chambered for .50 B.M.G. or bigger, touted as a sporting rifle intended for paranormal game...
FlakJacket
Hhmm... .50 Beowulf. Anything that has a civillian legality code or that you can get a permit for I expect they either carry or can order in for you- with a bias to Ares weapons of course. smile.gif On folding stocks, they might not even be barred any more. The 'Assault Weapons' ban is pretty close to sunsetting and I could see their not replcing it in Shadowrun's timeline.
BitBasher
unlike today where weapons like the Five-seveN are strictly sold to the military and police)
The Five-seveN can now be sold to civilians, but the ammo is a non armor piercing variant. I was looking at one last week from a dealer.

And realistically Weapons World wil probably sell anything you can get a permit for, and can order for you literally almost anything should you have proper clearance to buy it.

Abstruse
Ditto. Permits, legal, and stuff like that. They'll probably also sell melee weapons as well, like martial arts weapons, even though they're technically illegal as well. Just don't expect to find that combat-balanced katana sitting on a shelf. It's in the back room. The one on the shelf is a replica of Angus McLeod's katana from Highlander XXVII.

The Abstruse One
kevyn668
QUOTE (Abstruse @ Jun 26 2004, 09:01 PM)
Ditto.  Permits, legal, and stuff like that.  They'll probably also sell melee weapons as well, like martial arts weapons, even though they're technically illegal as well.  Just don't expect to find that combat-balanced katana sitting on a shelf.  It's in the back room.  The one on the shelf is a replica of Angus McLeod's katana from Highlander XXVII.

The Abstruse One

Even if its Highlander XXVII, wouldn't it still be Connor or Duncan McLoed? They are Immortal, ya know. grinbig.gif

And Angus used a broad sword IIRC. Or was that Dugal? wink.gif
Zazen
QUOTE (kevyn668)
Even if its Highlander XXVII, wouldn't it still be Connor or Duncan McLoed? They are Immortal, ya know. grinbig.gif

Alas, the actors are not nyahnyah.gif
Arethusa
How would you know?
toturi
Immortal Humans?
locomotiveman
Could be a one shot adventure with one of them a Spike Baby. biggrin.gif
Phaeton
QUOTE (toturi)
Immortal Humans?

IEs with the Human Looking edge.
kevyn668
Zazen  Posted on Jun 26 2004, 10:04 PM   
Alas, the actors are not

Touche. smile.gif

toturi  Posted on Jun 26 2004, 10:14 PM       
Immortal Humans?

What? You've never seen some one post his "Immortal Human" stats on his FanFic website? grinbig.gif
Snow_Fox
The old Street Samurai book was divided up to public and security sections. If you visit the rl www.colt.com is divided up into civilian, police and military sections. odds are the weapons world sells just the civilian stuff.
toturi
QUOTE (kevyn668)
Immortal Humans?

What? You've never seen some one post his "Immortal Human" stats on his FanFic website? grinbig.gif

Is that Canon? nyahnyah.gif
kevyn668
QUOTE (toturi)
QUOTE (kevyn668 @ Jun 27 2004, 10:19 AM)
Immortal Humans?

Is that Canon? nyahnyah.gif

Well, you are Canon. You tell me. grinbig.gif
BGMFH
I think they would sell you anything you can get the permits for, and would likely help you fill out the application forms.

"Umm... maybe Private Security Consultant would be a better entry for Job Mr. de Vries."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012