Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What ever happend to...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thanos007
Well...?
kevyn668
rotfl.gif

Slow night, Thanos?

I think it was "Neil" and I'd imagine the series is still going strong. Its not like the actor that protrayed Neil was kidnapped by bug spirits and invested... smile.gif

(Or they could have just found a replacement. All those orks look alike anyway biggrin.gif )
locomotiveman
Is there any pop culture figure who wasn't bugged at one time or another?
Kanada Ten
Deirdre?
kevyn668
The jokers from "Red Said Fred"?
Snow_Fox
Probably his sims fell out of fahsion, I mean he was big in the 50's but tastes change, Think that Arnold was big in the 90's but until he got into politicac his last couple of films flopped. Eraser was as good a quality of his best films but tasts just changed and there wasn't a market for him.
hp_warcraft
Karl Kombatmage is what!!!!! biggrin.gif
Abstruse
Neil's out, Karl's in. Did you notice Concrete Dreams or Maria Mercurcial on the top 10 list of 2063? They're "oldies" now.

The Abstruse One
Snow_Fox
Right, but if you keep the chips of their first record you can get a lot on E-bay
snowRaven
And if you happened to save memorabilia, like ticket stubs to Mercurials country-concert, you can get anything you wish for... grinbig.gif
BIG BAD BEESTE
Hmmm, about time for Return of Neil The Ork Barbarian or Son of Slade the Sniper or hey, even Wyrm Talk II - The Next Generation!
Abstruse
I think Masaru <sp> is doing either Wyrm Talk or a show much like it. DotSW.

The Abstruse One
shadd4d
Nah, it's Karl Kombatmage all the way. Wish I had my books, then I could give a series outline. Eismann, Sirdoom, anyone with the this? It's in the Bayern chapter next to the poster.

Don
Nath
QUOTE (Abstruse @ Jun 27 2004, 12:43 PM)
Neil's out, Karl's in.  Did you notice Concrete Dreams or Maria Mercurcial on the top 10 list of 2063?  They're "oldies" now.

Actually, The Concrete Dreams' singer Andrea Frost was in the top ten of the 2062 with |her| solo album 'Talking in Circles' in SOTA63.
Black Isis
QUOTE (Nath)
QUOTE (Abstruse @ Jun 27 2004, 12:43 PM)
Neil's out, Karl's in.  Did you notice Concrete Dreams or Maria Mercurcial on the top 10 list of 2063?  They're "oldies" now.

Actually, The Concrete Dreams' singer Andrea Frost was in the top ten of the 2062 with his solo album 'Talking in Circles' in SOTA63.

Andrea sure sounds like a girl's name to me. smile.gif
Nath
Sorry, too long since I read Shadowbeat. SOTA63 didn't precise the gender and Andrea can be a male surname. That's the Italian for Andrew, as in "Andrea Boticelli"
Backgammon
I know a girl named Andrea. She's hot.
nezumi
The receptionist here is named Andrea. She's probably old enough to be my grandmother, but strangely enough, she's still pretty hot (some people just age gracefully, you know).

To bring it back to SR, I wonder what sort of cyberware receptionists have. Datajacks and some wicked cyberhands to get that WPM up?
Nikoli
Likely datajack, headware mem, and knosoft link, display link, I could also see internal phone and commlink setups being the norm.

Not to mention DNI-enabled ruthenuium polymer'd fingernail implants
Garland
Transducer, too. So the secretary can say, "Mr. Executive will see you now. Right down that hall, take the first left; room 2110," and in her head be saying, "Security team to room 2110."

I dunno about the nails; that'd make them too easy and quick to do. Isn't the point of painting nails to waste a bunch of time?
GunnerJ
Speaking of Karl, am I the only one who thinks that SOTA 2063 is worth getting just for the "Yo, Chummer!" poster?
Nikoli
It's all about efficiency now. Less time painting, more time disrobing <j/k>
Fygg Nuuton
of course ninja secretaries have all the combat goodies as well (inside joke)
Garland
Oh, you mean a "secretary"! Don't they just have interns for that sort of thing? biggrin.gif
Snow_Fox
I'd forgotten "Slade the Sniper" I htink he was old hat when Neil the Ork barbarian was out, but maybe you can catch it on TMC
Sepherim
Remember guys: old rocker never dies! Concrete Dreams WILL be back! Even if that singer betrayed us fans, they'll reunite again! grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012