Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Dragons6thW] Questions on DotSW
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thanos007
Is there any evidence out side of DotSW to confirm that Hestaby is Orange Queen?

Who is the current Loremaster? One poster would have us belive it's Loftwyr, but Orange Queen says not to bet the rent on it. Suggesting that Loftwyr is not Loremaster. Who is correct?

Thanos
Pistons
Whoever it is that won the contest in Survival of the Fittest in your game world. smile.gif
Misfit Toy
At least until they make it official one way or the other.

Which is just another reason the metaplot should stay largely seperate from the game. It's cool for flavor and for inspiring indirect run ideas, but direct involvement just leads to forced retconning in individual games. Well, at least unless GMs want to continually ignore more and more and more of the published material until the published material is so alien to an individual game world that it becomes all but useless.

Can't wait for them to get back to a street-level focus.
Senchae
QUOTE (Thanos007)
Who is the current Loremaster?  One poster would have us belive it's Loftwyr, but Orange Queen says not to bet the rent on it. Suggesting that Loftwyr is not Loremaster. Who is correct?

IIRC Orange Queen says not to bet the rent on that Lofwyr won the Rite of Succession. Which doesn't necessarily say anything one way or the other about who is Loremaster.

Survival of the Fittest spoilers:

[ Spoiler ]

Nath
Dragons of the Sixth World contains in the Game Information (aka "Rules & Truth for the GM") the confirmation that Lofwyr is the Loremaster on pages 192 and 195.
Haereticus
If possession of the Jewel of Memory and completing the appropriate dragon rite make you the Loremaster, was Dunklezahn then the Loremaster before his death? And if he was, who is claiming the title of Loremaster in Dunklezahn's Secrets?
Ancient History
It used to be there was more than one Loremaster. That said, the poster Loremaster in PoaD is supposed to be Nachtmeister, an oh-so-subtle jab at Lofwyr's claim "Look: I have the bling-bling, therefore I am the Mastah! Let's see any of your little bitches try to take it from me!"
Senchae
But yes, Dunk was Loremaster before his death. I don't think there's been any sign that there is more than one Loremaster at a time in the Sixth World- that's an artifact from the days where there was more than one Dragon Council.
Johnson
Lofwyr would surely be next in line even if Dunk and Lof didn't quite see Eye to Eye on some situations.
Kanada Ten
Except for the fact that Hestaby beat him - and all the rest - at the Rite of Succession. By Dragon Law, she's the rightful heir of Loremaster.
Johnson
Hestaby - correct me if I am wrong, but Hestaby is not a Western Dragon. But I suppose Lofwyr has other interests at hand, well as Dunkelzahn said in his will reward offered to who find out whats behind door 4??.
Nath
Hestaby is a western dragon.
Synner
QUOTE (Nath)
Dragons of the Sixth World contains in the Game Information (aka "Rules & Truth for the GM") the confirmation that Lofwyr is the Loremaster on pages 192 and 195.

Note that's only the canon outcome of Survival of the Fittest, based on the two most probable results: the players take Lofwyr up on his offer and he keeps the Jewel of Memory or they carry out Hestaby's mission and she wins (and then hands the Jewel to Lofwyr after proving her point to the Council). As everything that shows up in SR books you are free to drop, alter and adapt events as you see fit (or in the case of this campaign whichever way your players decide).
Johnson
So Dragon of the Sixth world would have some of the up to date info on Dragons?
Pistons
Yup.
apollo124
I got a dumb question here: Why does the dragon on the cover of DotSW have nipple rings? Or at least rings where nipples would be on a mammal. Just kind of wondering.
Ancient History
As with many dragons of a certain age, the desire to return to an idealized youth has led to the adoption of certain popular practices by the youth of today...

...or maybe it's a troll drake whose nipple rings carried over. <shrug>
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (apollo124 @ Sep 2 2005, 12:36 PM)
I got a dumb question here:  Why does the dragon on the cover of DotSW have nipple rings?  Or at least rings where nipples would be on a mammal.  Just kind of wondering.

They are likely foci and, in my opinion, that, because they are implanted, they might become part of the transformation of dragon to metahuman form and similar shapechanges in the same way cyberware does. The placement simply relates to an accessible - yet easy to defend - area of the body in both forms.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012