Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New GM Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
theartthief
Ok,

I posted this earlier and I appreciate the feedback. I also have the 10 GM Commandments marked.

Gearing up for my first run as a GM, I have a few more questions:

1. Would the rigger / drone rules (from BBB) be too much for a first time GM?

2. What is up with the barrier rules and crashes? A car at 40 mpt (30 mph)(48 kph) can't break a pane of glass???

Is there an easy fix that people use? I suppose that GM fiat would work in this case - you hit the pane of glass and the car stops ... no wait, I mean that it shatters and you continue on your way. spin.gif

Of course if the glass is six inches (~15 cm) thick then maybe the car would stop ... dead.gif

I have been kicking around the idea of subtracting two from the barrier rating before the calculation to see if the car stops.

i.e. Concrete wall (Barrier Rating = 16: page 124 BBB) 16-2=14*20=280mpt that it would stop. The only problem that I have with this is that it could lead to some random situations such as the LS Cruiser in the example on page 148 crashing through the factory wall.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- theartthief
RedmondLarry
The rigger / drone rules are too much to try to use for a first time GM, unless you've played a rigger yourself and were happy with how those rules played out. But if that were true, you wouldn't have asked.

So, for anyone who asks, tell them its too complicated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012