Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Shadowrun Forever (#7)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
FrozenWolf
Shadowrun Forever is looking for players once again. Show of posts?
TinkerGnome
I think I speak for many people when I say:

Wuzzat?
BishopMcQ
I'll second TKG with a WTF?
Leowulf
Yes.. I have no idea either.

And why the need for 3 posts?
Kanada Ten
It's an online game of some kind. Not very obvious from the page design.

http://www.digitalusa.net/scrhall/sr/community.htm
FrozenWolf
As for what it is, it is an chat-based, scenario/mission-oriented game. essentially like a tabletop/P&P run off AIM buddy chat's.

As for the three posts, I am sorry, but there was some sort of glitch. I am moving to try to have the other's removed.

And as for the page design, that is very interesting since nobody has said that since December of 1999. Maybe you should try the intro page for more information. If you really want to know what it is, You can IM me, under the screen name TeigeRyan. For those of you who don't have AIM, you would need it if you were to join. If you give me a few minutes, I will try to get a better description.

And Leowulf you posted on "OOC:Runnin' with the big boys." This is what that is.
Number 6
A few questions:

Online chat? What days, and what times?

How many players are you accepting?

Starting characters? Is priority system ok?

Sorry if it's on the site and I missed it, but that background and those colors are freaking mind-bending. Fuscia on psycadelic cthulu-green?
FrozenWolf
Online chat? What days, and what times?

Yes. We use the AIM (AOL Instant Messenger, standalone) chat system, and as for the days and time, that is flexible depending on the players preferences and availabilities. I should mention now though that I am on the easteren side of the US, and the mean that the time I play is in gmt-5:00, so if you live in like Finland, or Germany or Denmark, or if you live in Japan or Australia the time will be inconvienient at best.

How many players are you accepting?

Right now I will accept over a dozen, since normially we lose about 50%, due to scheduling conflicts, and loss of intest, or lack of dedication (and this last one is not tolerated). Before my last game, I accepted over 15 characters eek.gif , and processed each and every one. Now I am down to the 2 I had beforehand. dead.gif

Starting characters? Is priority system ok?

Starting charcter is fine. You can do it priority system, but i would prfere building point for SR2. I will explain that in a few. All charcters have to be apprived though, and there is a charcter creation form to fill out which will walk you though the process, for semi-familiar players. You can even have assistance on the form, form me, or one of the Co-Gamemasters.

Sorry if it's on the site and I missed it, but that background and those colors are freaking mind-bending. Fuscia on psycadelic cthulu-green?

The very first paragraph adresses that issue. Only some people have it. Some poeple have no problem, some people cannot read it because it is too bright. But I programed it, and I use it, and I never have a probelm. I will consider changing the green to a more standrad green.

Now, I should explain most of the rules I follow are hybrids of SR2 and SR3. FDor charcter creation, i use SR2. The most significant change is the fact that skill are bought at 1 point per level, regradless of the governing attribute. And I do use the SR3 skill families,a nd the individula weaponry skills, as well as Knowedge/Language skjill, but at the same time I don;t use Read/Write the way the rulkes do. So I look ovber all charcetr individulally and make siuggestions, and uniform changes. Luckily, the main core of the rule system, has been unchanged since SR1. The damage system changed between 1 and 2, but has remained unchanged since the release of SR2.

Anyway for more information, the best thing I can suggest is IM me. If there is an sn on your profile I will IM you.

TTYL WOLF
Vegetaman
nuyen.gif

It's been alot of fun in the past, and out of the three characters I've had... I think only one of them may have been lost to "field operations"... wink.gif cyber.gif

It is alot of fun though, so if you're sincerely interested, you can also contact me on AIM.

DarkVegetaman101

FrozenWolf
So do I have any serious interest remaining?
FrozenWolf
Okey, I don't know if it is my pitch, or summer, or just poor luck, but it looks like there is no reason to start AIMGGSR7 at this time. Therefore, I will be postponing the beginning of the game (and pre-requisite recruiting), until early September.

If you want to contact me, use AIM, my sn is in my porfile. You can also e-mail me (if you can find one of my e-mails), but that will take longer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012