Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ATTN GURTH !
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Question Man
Hoi chummers, could someone see the GURTH gets this. I got a failure to deliver notfication from his web site. Which is totally chrome omea.

Here's the URL for The Really Complete But still Pretty Un-Official Physical Adepts Handybook. Please update your site. Which is pretty AWESOME!!!

http://www.technoschamane.de/download/sr_r...t_handybook.pdf

Cheers

Mr.E (aka Mystery)

FlakJacket
You know, you might be better off actually e-mailing him rather than posting here on the off chance that he sees it. Just a thought.
The Question Man
I would Lad, but none of his e-mail addresses seem to be operating.
FlakJacket
The main address on his page is active since he still posts to the lists with it. Either spam filter ate it or he just hasn't gotten around to it yet. AFAIK though, Gurth doesn't really use the forums much.
Glav
I am reading through it right now, and it's really neat to see alot of these powers; some make sense in a why isn't it cannon!? kind of way, and some are just plain interesting biggrin.gif I have noticed a problem, I believe. Page 12, improved reflexes, states that the power costs for lvl 1, 2, and 3 are 1, 4, and 6, respectively. I believe this was changed in 3rd ed to be 2, 3, and 5. I don't have my book handy (it's across the state), but you might want to double check that smile.gif Other than that, looks like a great improvement over any other handybook I've seen biggrin.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
Real is 2,3,5, just like the essense costs for wired.
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (The Question Man)

... But still Pretty Un-Official Physical Adepts Handybook.

I believe since he put it on the web for free, it will never be official. SOmethign to do with the submission guidelines. But I guess that only matters if you are hopeing it becomes canon.
Adam
That's not true; material that has been available on the web has become official before; Linda Naughton's skill advancement rules were used in the SR Companion after then-developer Mike M. found the rules online, contacted Linda, and purchased the rights for them. However, the chances of a large work distributed widely online becoming part of the canon without major revisions is pretty unlikely.
Frag-o Delux
That is why I qualified it with "I believe." I don't write, don't know the guidelines, and was only going off bits I heard here.
Adam
And that's why I clarified things. smile.gif
The Question Man
Be nice Adam smile.gif
Adam
If clarifying things factually and politely isn't nice, I don't know what is.
Frag-o Delux
I thought he was nice. There was no offense taken.

It is nice to know that stuff that was availible before could go on to be canon later.
Domino
QUOTE (Adam)
That's not true; material that has been available on the web has become official before; Linda Naughton's skill advancement rules were used in the SR Companion after then-developer Mike M. found the rules online, contacted Linda, and purchased the rights for them. However, the chances of a large work distributed widely online becoming part of the canon without major revisions is pretty unlikely.

Why must you people continue to confuse matters with facts, anything can be proved with facts. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012