Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dragons and Tir na n'Og
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Misfit Toy
I don't have my copy of Dragons of the Sixth World handy and I don't even really remember reading anything about the following question. In any case, which of the known Great Dragons would you say has the most vested interest in seeing the Knights of the Red Branch or any other group or organization overthrowing Tir na n'Og and the resulting fall of the elves?

Of the ones I can think of, the only greats that might be interested are Alamaise, Rhonwby (or however you spell that), and the Sea Dragon. I figure Alamaise is more interested in controlling the elves, so not sure there. Rhony might be interested since its so close to Wales, but I can't think of many reasons why. And the Sea Dragon might be interested due to its relative location to Rhony's base of operation as well as the fact that only water dragons seem to come near the island in the first place.

So... any ideas? I'd prefer canonical references, but personal opinions are openly welcomed, too.
Ancient History
Sirrurg might have a vested interest in torching specific parts of Tir na nOg, precisely because of the lack of dragons there, but I doubt he'd use intermediaries.

Rhonabwy is interested in keeping the power of the Tir in check, but it would have to be something drastic to provoke him to more direct action than right now. He's likely fund the Knights of the Red Branch, though.

The Sea Dragon would likely have the easiest time gaining access to Tir na nOg, but there's damn little there that she would actually want...ergh, there was a reference to some critter trashing a Tir town that might conceivably be a gorgon or Leviathan, I cannae recall and would have to check. The only other reason for her to go there would be to pick up some treasure or info, it's nowhere as near Rhonabwy's lair as her own.

I highly doubt Alamaise cares about the Tir at all. If he hasn't learned his lesson from Wyrm/Blood Wood, he might conceivably try to bear down on the Seelie Court, but with the IEs there I highly doubt he'd make the attempt.

Synner
Calozerca has been spotted flying into the Veil a little while after being released from captivity. Maybe he hasn't heard there's a truce on? Or maybe he's out to settle scores... either way he's got no powerbase and needs agents devil.gif
Misfit Toy
Calozerca does look interesting, but now that I got a chance to look over my book I think Rhonabwy fits in best with what I was aiming for. I'm definitely going to be using Calozerca in the not-too-distant future, though. His entry gave me all kinds of great ideas. smile.gif

Thanks to both of you.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Synner)
Calozerca has been spotted flying into the Veil a little while after being released from captivity. Maybe he hasn't heard there's a truce on? Or maybe he's out to settle scores... either way he's got no powerbase and needs agents devil.gif

Who would have told him? Not like he's on much better speaking terms with any of the great dragons as it is. smile.gif
Synner
And wait till you learn the latest dirt on him in SoE. biggrin.gif
FlakJacket
Well if he is the old ED dragon that you quite heavy handedly hinted at in the past, it should be... interesting. Unless of course the writers tanked it and that section's as awful as the rest of the book. nyahnyah.gif
kevyn668
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
QUOTE (Synner @ Jul 7 2004, 08:15 PM)

Who would have told him? Not like he's on much better speaking terms with any of the great dragons as it is. smile.gif

Maybe he caught a rerun of WyrmTalk biggrin.gif
BIG BAD BEESTE
Isn't Celedyr the one trying to stop the uberreich of Elven power? Plus his connections to Snowdonia and the Gwynedd Elven Enclave. Other than him, there's always Hestaby. She is on the Tir Tairngire Council after all.
Misfit Toy
Nope, that's Rhonabwy that has a thing against Elven supremecy which is why he fits the theme of what I'm going for so well. That and his love of music fits in really well, too.
FlakJacket
Celedyr is the tech dragon that owns Transys Neuronet and is currently ripping Hildebrandt-Kleinfort-Bernal a new arsehole. He's much more into communication and languages.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012