Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hands free rigging
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
elph
Here's the list of cybergear that I'm having questions with.

Is a DNI needed here?
Vehicle Control Rig II
Cranial Remote Deck (Rating 6 - just for arguments sake)
2 Obvious lower leg cyberlimbs with a Signal Booster (Rating 6 - again for argument sake) & Retractable cyberskates in each leg.

I'm wondering does the Signal booster need to be conected to the CRD via a DNI or is it assumed it's already done? Also can you DNI the cyberskates and deploy/retract as a simple action instead of a complex? And is the price & ECU for the cyberskates given for the pair or each skate?

Can you group CRDs? Can I have my cranial one with it's subscriber list and have another one with it's own subscriber list?

Do signal booster effects stack? I know it says only 1 device can use a signal booster at a time, but can you put 2 signal boosters on 1 device?

According to Rigger3 the VCR takes over for the display, I/O & simsence portions of the Smartlink setup. If I only wanted to have access to the Smartlink while rigging, would all I really need then be the processor (aside from the vehicle & weapon needs)? And does the Range Finder become helpful for the scatter of grenade lauchers mounted on a drone?

Thanks for any insight.
grendel
Is a DNI needed here?
Vehicle Control Rig II
Cranial Remote Deck (Rating 6 - just for arguments sake)
2 Obvious lower leg cyberlimbs with a Signal Booster (Rating 6 - again for argument sake) & Retractable cyberskates in each leg.

A DNI is only required if you want to be able to cybernetically control the signal booster. The cyberskates already are equipped with DNI.

I'm wondering does the Signal booster need to be conected to the CRD via a DNI or is it assumed it's already done?

The CRD output will be routed through the signal booster automatically, but you can't alter the flux settings of the signal booster cybernetically unless you DNI it.

Also can you DNI the cyberskates and deploy/retract as a simple action instead of a complex?

No, the length of the action represents the complexity of extending machinery from your feet.

And is the price & ECU for the cyberskates given for the pair or each skate?

Prices and ECU are for the pair of skates.

Can you group CRDs? Can I have my cranial one with it's subscriber list and have another one with it's own subscriber list?

You can have more than one CRD installed, but you can only be associated with one CRD at a time.

Do signal booster effects stack? I know it says only 1 device can use a signal booster at a time, but can you put 2 signal boosters on 1 device?

Nothing specific is listed regarding this effect. Talk it over with your GM to see what he wants to allow. Personally, I wouldn't let signal booster effects stack.

According to Rigger3 the VCR takes over for the display, I/O & simsence portions of the Smartlink setup. If I only wanted to have access to the Smartlink while rigging, would all I really need then be the processor (aside from the vehicle & weapon needs)? And does the Range Finder become helpful for the scatter of grenade lauchers mounted on a drone?

Yes, the processer would all that you would require, although it would have to be linked to the VCR via a router. Nothing specific is listed regarding the range finder and grenade launcher equipped drones, although my group has houseruled that properly equipped drones and riggers gain that bonus. YMMV.
mfb
in real life, signal amplifiers ("boosters") do stack. i don't remember exactly how it works, though--i don't think that two signal amps of the same power are as good as a single amp of twice that power; there's some sort of diminishing returns, i think.
BGMFH
A 100Watt amp makes the signal 100watts. Three 100watt amps still just make the signal 100watts, but you can spread the three out and make the signal's reach larger. if you want a 300watt signal, you need a 300watt amplifier.
mfb
oops. damn armythink.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012