Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hydraulic Jacks Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Buzzed
The book says .75 essence +(.25 per rating) for hydraulic jacks. Nowhere is it mentioned that 2 are needed. Therefore, is it safe to assume that when you purchase 1 set of jacks, both legs have them installed?

If it is, how would I treat costs for essence/ecu if I have 1 cyberleg and 1 meat leg?

If not, anyone know where I can find movement rules for using a pogo stick?
Herald of Verjigorm
There seems to be nothing indicating that the price is different between meat legs and cybered legs. There is no mention of ecu usage for the jacks. Thus, your base cost is .75+.25 per rating.
HMHVV Hunter
If I may, I'd like to ask another question about these things.

If you have a cyberleg, does the essence cost for the jacks still apply? Or does it not apply, like for spurs on cyberarms?
Bizarro
The essence cost is indeed different for cybered and non-cybered legs. The table on p.36 in M&M lists the cost as .25 essence for cyberlegs, and this appears to be a flat essence cost, no matter the rating of the hydraulic jacks you have installed.
Bölverk
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)
If you have a cyberleg, does the essence cost for the jacks still apply?  Or does it not apply, like for spurs on cyberarms?

The essence cost is reduced (but not completely eliminated) and the jacks occupy ECU. The table Bizarro mentioned says so, but it, too, doesn't state whether the numbers it gives are per leg or for both legs.

My best guess is that the numbers in the listing on page 29 are for a matched pair of jacks installed in meat legs. That way, a pair of Rating 5 jacks has the same Essence cost as full cyber replacement of both legs, and lower Rating jacks cost less. If the numbers were for each leg separately, even Rating 1 jacks would take up as much Essence as fully cyber replacements, which makes no sense to me.

On the other hand, I think the numbers in the table on page 36 are for installation per cyberleg, since the rest of the items in that table are all installed in one cyberlimb at a time.

Therefore, for one meat leg and one cyberleg, I would think that you'd have a total essence cost of (.375 + .125 per Rating) + .25.
Buzzed
Ok it looks like these things are for both legs. Therefore I would calculate essence /ecu as follows:

For the meat leg, divide the essence in half. (1.1 essence for level 5)

For the cybered leg, 1/2 of the .25 essence, for a total of .125 essence and 1/2 the ecu. (3.25 ecu for level 5)

So if I had 1 meat leg and 1 cyberleg, the total cost of rating 5 hydraulic jacks would be, 1.225 essence & 3.25 ecu.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012