Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghost Cartels
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
shadd4d
I just got a cheap copy of Target: Smuggler Havens with my copy of SoE and I was wondering, what book introduces us to Ghost Cartels? Is it Underworld or Cyberpirates? For the life of me, I can't seem to remember where one reads about them, but I'd lean towards Cyberpirates or in the independents section of Underworld.

Used the search option but it turned up no hits.

Don
booklord
I'm 95% sure Underworld
Paul
Aztlan Sourcebook also dwelves into their history a little. I swear I recall a brief reference in the Corporate Shadowfiles.
Tyron
I can confirm that they get a file on them in Underworld, explaining their origins and current operations.
shadd4d
Vielen Dank.

Don
FlakJacket
Short version: They're the drug cartels that got forced out when Aztechnology came to power in Central America and decided they didn't want any competition. Since then they've been regrouping in South America, cooking up newer and better drugs and using their influence to block the spread of simsense and BTL's in the area.
shadd4d
I'm picking up my books in about a month. I just couldn't place them (since I haven't seen my books, well most of them, for about 1.5 years or so).

Don
Sepherim
Not sure about it, since it's been ages since I read it, but I believe that Corporate Download talked about them a bit when describing Aztech's origins as ORO.
Crimsondude 2.0
Paul's right. There were in Aztlan, then Underworld. But CS had them first.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Sepherim @ Jul 19 2004, 09:57 PM)
Not sure about it, since it's been ages since I read it, but I believe that Corporate Download talked about them a bit when describing Aztech's origins as ORO.

Yeah, several of Aztechnology's founders were into shady areas of the business world and others were out and out drug barons and cartels. They realised what sort of influence and power organisations like theirs could have so they squished the competition right quick.

They're one of my favourite underworld organisations. Especially if you throw in things like Seattle South - Bogota - as well. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012