Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [ShadowsOfEurope] Download SoE maps!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MYST1C
It seems something went wrong with the printing of Europa in den Schatten and the maps don't look as good as they should.
As a consequence, FanPro provides the maps of EidS as a free download.

Please oberve that all maps are in German. But even if you don't understand that language you might find it interesting how we call or spell your countries and cities...
cool.gif
otaku mike
If they're available in german, I bet they'll be available in english soon on the official website. Anyway, that's something I'm hoping for.
Especially because I gave Fanpro a colored map of Europe in the maps CD I sent them. smile.gif
MYST1C
QUOTE (otaku mike)
Especially because I gave Fanpro a colored map of Europe in the maps CD I sent them. smile.gif

Shadowrun.de says as an excuse for the garbled s/w-maps there is a bonus color map of Europe in A3 size coming with EidS...
Nath
ooops... I jut came to see, Ajaccio in Corsica is misplaced, one gulf to high. And Bastia is a bit too low, but only by 5 or 10 kilometers.
lorg
I downloaded them just to have a look ... spotted this; by Kopenhagen we have Malmö, Sweden doesn't use the danish ö (the o with the line crossing it), we use the same one the germans do. OOPS!

Then there is a slight oddity that never got corrected, the 'haparanda magic anomaly zone'. First up Haparanda is in Sweden and it is actually just on the swedish side of the border so why is the zone a good way into finland? Looking at the map it should have been the Oulu Magic Anomaly Zone.

What happened to the Europa-routes? Only Lissabon to Berlin?
shadd4d
There seems to be another problem. Christiana is described as being in Denmark, so why is it in Norway?

Don
deeweef
That's Kristiansand wink.gif (funny fact; Oslo had the name Christiania about 150 years ago, so my first thought was that someone had been using a really old map biggrin.gif, btw I think all three places was named by the same person; Kristian 4. of Denmark and Norway IIRC)

Another error: Way up north in Norway, it should be Tromsø, not Trosø
lorg
The Christiania thing could be a mix up here, there is a part of Copenhagen called Christiania (it is where all the weed smokin' hippies live) or in this book it is the place of the giant marketplace where you can buy and fence your loot.

edit;
Wrong Kristian, Kristian II was the tyrant. We didn't get a town called Christiania we got a Kristianstad instead.
deeweef
Actually, Christiania in RL and SoE is the same place. It's just that a lot of stuff has happened to it in SR since.
shadd4d
I'm just stating that it isn't on the map in the book.

BTW, what program do you use to open the map packet? I keep having Windows media player doing stupid stuff trying to open and play the file.

Don
deeweef
QUOTE (shadd4d @ Jul 23 2004, 12:36 PM)

I'm just stating that it isn't on the map in the book.

Well, you said it was in Norway, so hence my comment.

BTW, what program do you use to open the map packet? I keep having Windows media player doing stupid stuff trying to open and play the file.

I used WinRar [rarlab.com]
shadd4d
Thanks.

Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012