Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Essence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sesix
I know the cost of the cyberware. But I forgot how much 1 point of essence is. is it like .5 is half or what, I cant remeber.
Fresno Bob
What? 1 point of essence is 1 point of essence. You get 6 points total.
BitBasher
QUOTE (Sesix)
I know the cost of the cyberware. But I forgot how much 1 point of essence is. is it like .5 is half or what, I cant remeber.

one point of essence is one point of essence, it doesn't translate anyplace. you need to explain what you are talking about.
Necro Tech
I think he is asking if 1 point is refeing to a whole number or a esoteric ammout of something. Yes it is a whole number and completely divisible down to .01. Metahumans start with 6 points.
Odin
maybe he wanted to know how to calculate bio index?
simonw2000
In which case, the maximum Bio Index is a total equal to your Essence + 3.00
Sesix
No what I was asking say I get a peice of cyberware that cost .2 essence to install would my total essence now be 5.8 essence?
Fygg Nuuton
QUOTE (Sesix)
No what I was asking say I get a peice of cyberware that cost .2 essence to install would my total essence now be 5.8 essence?

yes
RangerJoe
But for purposes of things like spell TNs (eg, the TN might be 10-ess) you be treated as though you just had 5 essence (giving a TN of 5, as opposed to 4, if you had no essence lost). TN = 4.2 doesn't make a lot of sense, unless you have some wacky dice.
littlesean
I have seen 30 sided and 100 sided, and even a 34 sided, but never a 60 sided die, interesting idea though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012