Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wild Rumour
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
crone
One of my players went into our local game store to buy the main rulebook. He got told it was OOP, pending the the release of a 4th edition by Fantasy Flight Games. I reckon the shop assistant was on crack, or hit a wrong key, but of course my player won't believe me.

Someone please tell me there's no truth to the rumour.
BGMFH
Its like the guy I know who swears to have a published copy of WizKids ShadowRun d20.
JaronK
Actually this rumor is true. And if you'd like to preorder your 4th edition copy, just send $20.00 to me and I'll make sure you get one...

JaronK
Fygg Nuuton
QUOTE (JaronK @ Jul 23 2004, 02:17 AM)
Actually this rumor is true.  And if you'd like to preorder your 4th edition copy, just send $20.00 to me and I'll make sure you get one...

JaronK

where sould i send my 20$, cash, not a check or money order to get such a wonderful deal. other people should act fast on this fantastic deal!

i hear its leather bound with guilded pages, and comes with miniatures and all the info already in the sourcebooks

i cannot wait
JaronK
No, it's not leather bound with guilded pages. It's solid gold bound with leather pages, and the writing is all in blood. It also gives off an aura in the astral! Just send your $20.00 in cash...

JaronK
Abstruse
Has Fantasy Flight ever had ANYTHING to do with ANY of the old FASA games?

The Abstruse One
Kagetenshi
They're not making Shadowrun fourth edition. It's already been made. They recently dug it up after it was assumed lost when the Great Library of Alexandria burned.

~J
Adam
QUOTE (crone)
One of my players went into our local game store to buy the main rulebook. He got told it was OOP, pending the the release of a 4th edition by Fantasy Flight Games. I reckon the shop assistant was on crack, or hit a wrong key, but of course my player won't believe me.

Someone please tell me there's no truth to the rumour.

Wow. He's seriously misinformed. SR3 is not OOP - it was just reprinted, as a matter of fact.

The rest, well, he's beyond misinformed and into smoking crack.
Kagetenshi
And of course here comes the IE to spread misinformation ohplease.gif

~J

Postscript: wink.gif
CircuitBoyBlue
Last time I was in a Wizards of the Coast shop, the clerk told me that they were no longer selling anything that wasn't d20, but not to worry, they'd have SR the next month. He was just taunting me, but it worked. Man, I hate that guy...
Pistons
QUOTE (Adam)
The rest, well, he's beyond misinformed and into smoking crack.

What he said. (FFG? Whah?)
Adam
Well, I suppose on quick glance it's easy to mix up the FPR and FFG prefixes when looking at product codes. The whole SR4/FFG thing, though, no clue where they got that from.
Sahandrian
QUOTE (Adam)
Well, I suppose on quick glance it's easy to mix up the FPR and FFG prefixes when looking at product codes.

When I first read that, I swear I thought I saw the words "Well, I suppose on crack it's easy to mix up"...
Nath
QUOTE (Sahandrian)
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 23 2004, 10:07 AM)
Well, I suppose on quick glance it's easy to mix up the FPR and FFG prefixes when looking at product codes.

When I first read that, I swear I thought I saw the words "Well, I suppose on crack it's easy to mix up"...

Well, I suppose on crack it's easy to mix up "on quick glance" and "on crack".
MooCow
Wow. He's seriously misinformed. SR3 is not OOP - it was just reprinted, as a matter of fact.

Adam is of course simply covering the truth up. You can't believe a thing he says, seeing as he's a corporate shill. biggrin.gif
Jon Szeto
MooCow's right. This is obviously a smokescreen to distract us from the imminent release of BESM 4th edition. grinbig.gif
Adam
Can we finish BESM 3rd Edition first, please? smile.gif
Domino
With all the corrections and errata we technically have SR 3.5. wink.gif

*ducks and runs for cover leaving my dikoted AVS ally spirit behind to cover my hoop*
mfb
as i understand it, dikoted AVS ally spirits should be interested in doing other things to your hoop than just covering it.
Lindt
Dude... totally uncalled for. The 3.5 referance I mean. The AVS bit was wicked funny stuff though.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (Domino)
With all the corrections and errata we technically have SR 3.5. wink.gif

*ducks and runs for cover leaving my dikoted AVS ally spirit behind to cover my hoop*

I call upon the administrators to change this guy's target status to "dead man!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012