Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ammunition Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SomeGuy
I came across these bullets in Cannon Companion (page 44).

More or less they do little physical damage, but emit blinding white light for 5 minuets. My SR character has an allergy to UV light. Do you think the light these rounds give off would emit UV light, or not?
Diesel
Negligible amounts. You'll be fine. Note those are mortar rounds, not bullets. Minor different, but still noteworthy. biggrin.gif
Alystin
The solar rounds are for the M-12 Mortar, not small arms. As far as your allergy goes, I doubt it. I believe it is just a very bright and short lived chemical fire.
BitBasher
And just to reiterate, these are mortar rounds, it shors a round waaay up into the air then it glows brightly while sailing down slowly on a parachute.
hobgoblin
so basicly its a big ass flare silly.gif
SomeGuy
I didn't think it floated down on a mini-parachute. It mentions how it doesn't do a hell of a lot of damage, bu if you're struck by it it does do a bit of damage. heh if it's on aparachute, wouldn't you move before the big glowing object in the sky hit you? Maybe a failed perception roll ....
littlesean
While not recommended by the manufacturer, you CAN direct fire a mortar. ANd the parachute doesn't open immediately or it would never get to altitude in the first place. But yes, it is like a big ass flare.
Alystin
To the tune of some half million candlepower. (the solar round for the medium mortar in SOTA:2063 is 1 million candlepower)
Diesel
Watch Platoon, that big battle at the end has good examples of artillery-launched chemical illumination. Anything that glows like that would probably hurt like hell to be hit with, lit or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012