Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrading your Smartlinks
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
kevyn668
I'm refering to guns, not the one in your head. If I wanted, say, an Ingram Smartgun (comes with SL I) but with a SLII, what would be the cost? At char gen would it just be the difference and in play would you have to pay to have one removed and the other put in?
Ol' Scratch
Upgrading most technology in the game is just a matter of paying the difference, especially regarding electronics (of which a smartgun should qualify as). You don't have to pay for removing it or anything else... just the difference.
Odin
If I wanted, say, an Ingram Smartgun (comes with SL I) but with a SLII, what would be the cost? At char gen would it just be the difference

No you pay the fullcost of an integral smartlink II
in play would you have to pay to have one removed and the other put in?

Correct
Ol' Scratch
SR3 p. 272, "Upgrading." You pay the difference for most types of equipment and you need to make a simple B/R test in some cases.
mfb
indeed. since smartgun-2 expands on the smartgun-1's functions rather than replacing them, i'd say it's perfectly reasonable to apply the upgrading rules Doc Funk refers to.

double-take. funk's re-using a previous name? look for plagues of odd-looking locust next!
Zazen
He always goes back to DF eventually.
Domino
I agree with Doc Funk but I can see a GM arguing against it as well. Either way it isn't that expensive to just have to replace the SL.

I still miss Boogie Woogie Wookie. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012