Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Ancient Files: Immortals Revised
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ancient History
Right-o. As part of my ongoing efforts to improve my website's readability, clarity and content, I have finished revising and expanding the Immortals page. Please comment, suggest things, point out where I'm wrong, etc.

Impatient people can click here.

Oh, yeah, I scanned some of the old paper minis for those who are interested. More updates as I finish them.
Synner
What no Hessler? wink.gif
Ancient History
Don't tempt me. Next thing you'll tell me is that all SPike Babies are Immortal. grinbig.gif
danbot37
the link for drakes has a typo (.cpm?)
Ancient History
Oops. I fix.
[/edit] Fixed.
lorg
So how exactly am I going to fit a piece of cardboard into the printer? smile.gif
Odin
So how exactly am I going to fit a piece of cardboard into the printer? 

I suggest force biggrin.gif
lorg
My jedi powers have yet to develop smile.gif

Xirces
QUOTE (lorg)
So how exactly am I going to fit a piece of cardboard into the printer? smile.gif

You could always print onto normal paper then glue that to thin card. There are also printers that will handle thicker paper than standard 80g/m. See what the thickest your printer will handle is and that might be suitable. Next week on Blue Peter I'll be making a model of Tracey Island.

I may not have the force, but my powers of commonsense-fu are strong.

Pthgar
whoops, obsolete post.
Jerry Rigg
Just as a random point, could the Dragon skeleton refered to in Big D's Will be All-Wing's. I just noticed that her body was scattered rather than incinerated.
booklord
Comments
----------------------

Hestaby spilled the beans in SotF. Aden is a male.

It might be important to note that there is a strong connection between Celedyr and Earthroot. Celedyr considers Earthroot to be his sire. ( which is really odd because Celedyr is a western dragon and Earthroot was an Eastern. There was a dragon in Earthdawn times whose origin fit the bill however. His name was Nightsky.

Masaru. I've mentioned before my theory that Masaru is the egg that Nightsky gave to Earthroot. It would explain Masaru's black coloration. Why he first appeared over in Vancouver which is a little out of the way for an Eastern dragon. ( for some reason most of the Barsaive dragons appear to have migrated out of the Barsaive area before the end of the fourth age. Many to the Americas ) The reason a eastern great would give his egg to a western great to raise. And finally assuming the fourth age was about 5000 years long and Nightsky gave the egg to Earthroot around the middle of the age. (after the scourge which naturally takes place in the middle ) and it takes about 2000 years for a dragon to reach great status then the timing is just about perfect.

About Earthroot, converstations in DotSW seem to indicate he's dead.

The conversations in the Aztlan sourcebook seem to indicate that Dunklezahn was the only dragon commenting on that piece. The rest were immortal elves or in Jungle Cat's case perhaps something else entirely.

It's just a pet theory of mine that Hestaby could be Charcoalgrin. The personality seems a match.

Usmundo seems to be an immortal elf from Azania. Furthermore conversations in the Aztlan sourcebook seem to indicate that he has "sight" powers similar to that of the grub-like dragon Moleskin.

Finally they may not be true immortals but.... The Black Lodge seems to take an awful lot of interest in the plans of both Immortal Elves and Great Dragons. ( Something hinted at in Threats and once again in SoE ) In the original Threats the Black Lodge claimed to have long-lived if not immortal human members and to have had limited use of magic during the down cycle. They could be the legacy of the Denairastas's clan. They remain my number one suspect of who was truly responsible for the down-cycle hunting of dragons.

Finally. It may be a stretch but the three main elven powers of the sixth age seem to correspond with the three elven kingdoms of the fourth age. That would be: Therans->Azania Blood Wood->Tir Na Nog ?City of Spires?->Tir Tairngire

Okay - a lot of that was speculation. Well most of it. But some like Aden's gender has been confirmed.
Req
I may have lost touch with my German, but I think the proper spelling is Schwarzkopf.

As usual, your page rules.
Senchae
It does rule.

Are Masaru's two entries swapped in the aliases section?

You might want to mention LouP's assertion that Sheila was intended to be Alachia?
Ancient History
Aden == male. Right. Forgot.

It might be important to note that there is a strong connection between Celedyr and Earthroot.  Celedyr considers Earthroot to be his sire.  ( which is really odd because Celedyr is a western dragon and Earthroot was an Eastern.    There was a dragon in Earthdawn times whose origin fit the bill however.  His name was Nightsky.

Eh. I am not yet moved enough to include that Celedyr might be Nightsky. There is one possiblity which I edited out due to lack of sufficient confirmation: Celedyr was raised by Icewing and apprenticed himself to Earthroot. I will amend that Celedyr learned (or inherited) his abilities from Earthroot.

Masaru.  I've mentioned before my theory that Masaru is the egg that Nightsky gave to Earthroot.  It would explain Masaru's black coloration.  Why he first appeared over in Vancouver which is a little out of the way for an Eastern dragon.  ( for some reason most of the Barsaive dragons appear to have migrated out of the Barsaive area before the end of the fourth age.  Many to the Americas )  The reason a eastern great would give his egg to a western great to raise.  And finally assuming the fourth age was about 5000 years long  and Nightsky gave the egg to Earthroot around the middle of the age.  (after the scourge which naturally takes place in the middle ) and it takes about 2000 years for a dragon to reach great status then the timing is just about perfect.

Actually, Masaru first Awakened in the Philippines, acquiring his Vancouver lair later.

About Earthroot, converstations in DotSW seem to indicate he's dead.

Which is the primary reason I don't have anything on him for the Sixth World. He might be a pile of ashes somewhere or he might be the dragon in Australia teaching the Mimis. Insufficient data.

The conversations in the Aztlan sourcebook seem to indicate that Dunklezahn was the only dragon commenting on that piece.  The rest were immortal elves or in Jungle Cat's case perhaps something else entirely.

More than likely, but I have to allow that Jungle Cat might or might not be a dracoform of some sort.

It's just a pet theory of mine that Hestaby could be Charcoalgrin.  The personality seems a match.

Could be. But if so, she's lost her charcoal grin. wink.gif

Usmundo seems to be an immortal elf from Azania.  Furthermore conversations in the Aztlan sourcebook seem to indicate that he has "sight" powers similar to that of the grub-like dragon Moleskin.

? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no. I can see how it could possibly interpreted that way, but that's way far stretched.

Finally they may not be true immortals but....  The Black Lodge seems to take an awful lot of interest in the plans of both Immortal Elves and Great Dragons.  ( Something hinted at in Threats and once again in SoE )  In the original Threats the Black Lodge claimed to have long-lived if not immortal human members and to have had limited use of magic during the down cycle.  They could be the legacy of the Denairastas's clan.  They remain my number one suspect of who was truly responsible for the down-cycle hunting of dragons.

There are a number of groups which appear to have bits and pieces of ancient lore...including the Atlantean Foundation, the Apep Consortium, and the Nazi faction of Alamos 20,000. As for the hunters, I blame most of it on a group led by IEs <see the Aztlan document for down-cycle hunting comment>, with the one other death in Westphalia appearing to be ancient handiwork of unknown date.

Finally.  It may be a stretch but the three main elven powers of the sixth age seem to correspond with the three elven kingdoms of the fourth age.  That would be:  Therans->Azania      Blood Wood->Tir Na Nog      ?City of Spires?->Tir Tairngire

Part right, at least. A Theran remnant is definately in Azania; the Elven Court is in Tír na nÓg and supported by Alachia and unnamed others (Best bet is either Shosara took the Court or the the City of Spires did); Tir Tairngire appears to be formed mainly from /exiles/ from the Sereatha IE population, make of that what you will. Pomoyra and Manitou appear to be independant.

Are Masaru's two entries swapped in the aliases section?

Not anymore.

You might want to mention LouP's assertion that Sheila was intended to be Alachia?

Not unless they level a much heavier hint in the books.

I may have lost touch with my German, but I think the proper spelling is Schwarzkopf.

Yeaaaaah. I'll fix that.

shadd4d
Nothing about the dear and departed Nachtmeiser?

Don
Skeptical Clown
If I recall correctly, DotSW indicates that a dragon can sire a child of a different type. The dragon born is determined by the type of dragon that nurtures the egg; that's why the Sea Dragon and Rhonabwy are at odds. So Earthroot could be Celedyr's father, but the egg could have been raised by a western dragon.
Ancient History
Skeptical Clown: Aye, 'cept that the females of dragonkind determine what happens to the eggs, and only they are likely to know who the father is.

Little is known (in English canon) about Nachtmeister save that he was a Great Dragon with certain corporate interests who opposed Lofwyr and died. Yes, I'll add a section on him.
northern lights
AH,

you have a PM on the way from me. may be of some use or not. in any event, i heartily thank you for all the work you are doing. if only i had your resources...

Rock-Steady

Earthroot planted the heart in a confluence of True Earth, True Water and veins of natural orichalcum, and the White Tree came forth from there. It requires great amounts of True Water to sustain the tree, and it is said that should the tree ever die, then dragonkind would fade from the world.

Where can i read more about that? Sounds like an interesting plot.
Ancient History
Dragons PDF, available on my site; or the newly revised Dragons sourcebook by Living Room Games.
the_dunner
First off, thanks to Ancient for maintaining these files. For somebody who's been out of touch with developments in the Shadowrun game world for a few years, they're a huge boon.

Now a question from the new guy --

In Harlequin, one of the adventures focused on an NPC who was trying to prove the existence of a "mini-spike" during the middle ages.

In Dragons of the 6th world, the information on Rhonabwy and the Sea Dragon comes from a chapter from a book written in old Welsh. A language FAR more modern than the Age of Legend.

Has there been other information suggesting a mini-awakening during the middle ages? I didn't catch anything going through these files the first time, but I certainly could have missed something.
Ancient History
There was likely at least one localised "mini-Awakening" in Germany which resulted in the Goblinization of some orks; and Spike Babies of course are the result of small mana spikes. Is it possible there were other mana spikes, sufficient to wake up a dragon? Sure.

More likely, however, is that the fued between the two was maintained as an obscure bit of lore that was later recorded in a book and mostly forgotten.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012