Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Otaku
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BishopMcQ
Can anyone point me to resources for early Otaku? When did the first Otaku arrive on the scene? How realistic is a runner in 2063 as an Otaku that has completely faded?

Thanks for any light you can shed.
mfb
as far as i'm aware, the first reference to otaku is in the Denver boxed set. that was, what, over a decade ago? so it's definitely possible for an otaku to have faded, especially if he only discovered his otaku abilities at like 18 or so.
BishopMcQ
Thanks!
Crimsondude 2.0
Yeah, 2055. The book was released in 1994.
Ancient History
I know I say this daily, but questions on Matrix-based metaplot may be answered on my Echoes of the Crash page.
BishopMcQ
Ancient--

Thanks for the recommendation, I love the voice you used to write the "echoes..." Where can I find more info on Mirage?

QUOTE (Ancient's Archive)

19 March 2060, the Seattle RTG goes down for 11 minutes, causing untold psychological damage and death.  The first and last appearence of the AI Mirage, although the otaku it creates are still around...

Ancient History
Mirage the AI only really appears in the Matrix sourcebook; if he does (as it appears) have a connection with the AI Psychotrope, then you should also seek the novel "Psychotrope."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012