Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: editing host/grid logs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mfb
it seems i remember seeing, somewhere in Matrix, something that allows you to edit host/grid logs. i know you can use Dump Log to read them, but i can't find any information on altering/deleting the logs. am i imagining things?
Backgammon
Isn't that Gracefull Logoff?
mfb
well, GL erases your datatrail, but it doesn't do things like remove the evidence that a given file has been tampered with.
Necro Tech
Its a test against what ever you are trying to cover up. File tampering, slave tampering, access logs and its always read/write. The decker rolls his skill (not resisted I think) and the successes is what anyone looking need to beat to discover the tampering. I believe its all explained under decker tricks in Matrix but thats the gist of it.
mfb
not seeing it. anybody got chapter and verse?
Necro Tech
Pg 40 Matrix under activity logs says all logs are stored as files. Pg 216 BBB talks about editing files and covering your tracks.
mfb
a-ha! thanks. i knew that info was in there, somewhere.
Necro Tech
No prob, I always like helping out my fellow decking mutants. And people think being a decker isn't fun. Weirdos.
mfb
yeah, what's wrong with 'em?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012