Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Dragons6thW] Draco Foundation and other questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
the_dunner
Heyas folks, I'm hoping somebody can clarify a couple of questions regarding two of the Draco Foundation chairs for me, and then I've got another unrelated DotSW question.

I'm still in the process of reading through this, so if I'm missing something obvious, please just flame me liberally. eek.gif

First off, the Draco Foundation:

Franky Hardy -- So, this character is a Fomor, a troll meta-variant specific to Ireland. But, he's been in the agriculture business for at least 30 years? That'd make him an awfully old troll, wouldn't it? Do any of the other books reference Fomors? I'm familiar with the HHMV Fomorian, and I'm very familiar with Fomors from Celtic Mythic (outside of Shadowrun). But, this feels like a set-up for a non-elf, non-dragon immortal to me.

Milo Czerda -- Can anyone point me to a book reference on centaurs, or has anything been published on them more recently that PAoE? (I *think* they're in there, it's been a while.)

Second off, Madagascar:

I read the bit in Cyberpirates, and the section on Dragon Eggs. I also did my doublechecking in the ED Dragons PDF. (I don't have access to the LRG 2nd edition.) Finally, I checked the Ancient History files.

According to the various comments, the interior of Madagascar is either:
1) A Haven for IE activities.

2) A Haven for Ares and their Invae associates.

3) A HUGE honking nest of dragon eggs.

If #3 is correct, I can rationalize why characters associated with 1&2 would have been seen there. If the other two options are, I can't see why anyone would be reporting dragon eggs there. (Well, any sane reason.) So, with that in mind, I'm going to suppose that the character of Fanany needs further explanation.

The chatter describes the Fanany myth (which is a Real Life Myth) as being a 7 headed snake. The runner comments that Fanany isn't a snake, but a great dragon. AH's Immortals file lists Fanany as an Feathered Serpent. My read through of Uhuru's comments combined with the myth suggests to me that Fanany is most likely the Earthdawn Hydra. Is there any evidence in another book to support either of these?

Thanks in advance!
Ancient History
Franky Hardy -- So, this character is a Fomor, a troll meta-variant specific to Ireland. But, he's been in the agriculture business for at least 30 years? That'd make him an awfully old troll, wouldn't it? Do any of the other books reference Fomors? I'm familiar with the HHMV Fomorian, and I'm very familiar with Fomors from Celtic Mythic (outside of Shadowrun). But, this feels like a set-up for a non-elf, non-dragon immortal to me.

The Fomor meta-variant is covered in the SR Companions (2nd and 3rd editions). Those who Goblinize as ork or trolls from human have normal human lifespans.

Milo Czerda -- Can anyone point me to a book reference on centaurs, or has anything been published on them more recently that PAoE? (I *think* they're in there, it's been a while.)

You can find stats in the Critters book (with the SR3rd GM screen.) Aside from that, there's not much I can tell you accept that centaur tribes exist in Greece, Lake Louise (DUnkelzahn's old lair), and the Czech Republic where Milo comes from.

The chatter describes the Fanany myth (which is a Real Life Myth) as being a 7 headed snake. The runner comments that Fanany isn't a snake, but a great dragon. AH's Immortals file lists Fanany as an Feathered Serpent. My read through of Uhuru's comments combined with the myth suggests to me that Fanany is most likely the Earthdawn Hydra. Is there any evidence in another book to support either of these?

A hydra is /highly/ improbable, although not impossible. Aside from the fact that Hydras initially inhabited a specific geographic area (similar to that of the current Hydra-Wyrm), they were actively hunted by true dragons. If Fanany is a hydra, then she was most likely transported to Madagascar by the Therans for experimentation...and unlike most hydras, would have to have normal draconic intelligence and powers not to be slain outright by Mujaji.

Fanany is suggested to be a great feathered serpent in the Dragons of the Sixth World text (page 14 or 15.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012