Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: YARR!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
RangerJoe
Behold, the OOC thread for YARR!! the smuggling adventure.

Folks should give a little IC-esque character description and share any OOC background they would like to before the run begins. Consider this first post to be the kind of thing characters could share their first quiet night out to sea over tall glasses of Madeira.
Ray Becker
Ralph Reeno a dwarf, known by most as Clump and to some he is affectionately refferd to as Sharkbait, this is due to rumours about his peg leg replacing taht of one taken by a shark though some speculate whether this is true some belive he was just stupid with the vibro knife he has on him at all times or that he was born with only half a leg.

To those that view his aura they see that it is badly damaged(0.72 remaining) although it is only the dermal sheathing his peg leg and mirrord protective covers that are visable at a glance. Upon closer inspection you can see that he has both cyber gills and fins.

He is belived to be a reasonable medic, although his bed side manner and manners in particular leave much to be desired. Much into Gambling Card Games he squanders a fair amount of his funds upon games and is rarely known to win though he does break even occasionly.
RangerJoe
The IC thread is now up and running. The game can move as quickly as folks post. Looks like the crew will be Ray, FX, and Lindt. Any stragglers who come to me this week may be able to be found washed up somewhere, but for now, I'm quite happy with three PCs.
Ray Becker
great news well first post is up by me and one question Ranger, Ralph's medical clinic would there be room abord the boat for it?
Lindt
Cool, Ill do my intro when I get home and move my PC from my car to somewhere with AC.
RangerJoe
Good to hear.

For ease of sharing maps, images, etc., and enriching the gaming experience, I've slapped together a little site using evil free hosting.

Behold, the Yarr!! website
Ray Becker
Looks good, especialy for a freebie site.
RangerJoe
Cheers.

Hm. As for the medical clinic, the compromise that I think makes sense is to say that the forward starboard cabin of the Albacore is equiped with a medical bay (you'll notice that this is also where one of the smuggling compartments is. Now that is going to be a very very very uncomfy bunk...). If Clump's willing to call the sick bay his berth as well (unless otherwise needed), I can believe that there is room. The med bay also enhances the hidden-ness of the smuggling compartment under the sick-bed.
Ray Becker
Yeah he'd be willing to bunk down in there.
FXcalibur
Edited away.
FXcalibur
Hey guys, just to let you know, I'm changing my character to a seal shapeshifter. I spoke to Joe about it.

C/P from charsheet:

CODE
Appearance
Carol is quite the looker in her human form. She looks half Asian and half Australian, amongst other subtle features that stem from her diverse heritage. Her hair is a light brown and her eyes are a clear, sparkling blue. She stands at about 1.7 metres and weighs a very lithe 54 kilos, despite her innate strength and endurance capabilities.

She commonly wears the white formal Mortimer Naval Overcoat the captain gave her, along with a sharpened and curved all-around utility dagger in a sheathe on a belt round her waist. That’s it though – no clothes within as the naval overcoat is usually large and thick enough to provide adequate illusion that she’s clothed. The reason is that she doesn’t wanted to ruin her only good suit of clothing left when she shapeshifts.

The girl is handy with a spear gun, which is used previously to hunt sea critters in past jobs. She doesn’t always carry it though.

Personality
Carol is free and fun-loving, though her mood can be rather unpredictable at times, much like the ocean she so loves to be in. She can’t stand to be on land very often either, and breaks down when she can’t see the sea anymore. Her bestial nature isn’t as rabid or violent as other Shapeshifters and she constantly struggles to keep it under control.

Her main goal in life is just to be able to live free on the seas. A simple goal in life.

IC post edited.
Ray Becker
Cool Ralphs got a Spear gun or Two, too.
Lindt
QUOTE (RangerJoe)
Good to hear.

For ease of sharing maps, images, etc., and enriching the gaming experience, I've slapped together a little site using evil free hosting.

Behold, the Yarr!! website

nice stuff. Sorry 'bout the delay, I blew the magic smoke outta my home pcs power supply. Im more or less up and running now.
RangerJoe
No worries. Good to hear.
Lindt
I used the spoiler tag in another game to hide the rolls, found it worked pretty well.
And Joe, ya might wanna make sure your .sig is off for the IG posts.
RangerJoe
I like the spoiler tag for IC thread rolls. I am going to keep GM/NPC rolls behind my virtual GM screen, though.
Ray Becker
How do you use spoiler tags?
RangerJoe
Ka. Surprise surprise. Seems I'm going out of town until Sunday morning. I hope to post an answer to the coconut mystery before I leave.

[ Spoiler ]
Ray Becker
Cheers twas what I thought I'd have to do but wasn't sure.
RangerJoe
Sorry for the delay. I'm back. Apparently tomorrow is a holiday here in my home of Rhode Island-- VJ day. We're the last state in the union to make it a state holiday.
Lindt
It was? Really? Guess I missed that one too, and Im on the Ri border.
RangerJoe
As folks settle onto the Albacore I'd like to know where/how you're storing gear, which berth folks claim, and what folks expect to carry on their persons. For info about the Albacore, check out the yarrgame site, and feel free to ask any questions about the ship or its layout, rolling appropriate perception/sea knowledge skills, or ask Slosh.
RangerJoe
Yep. I had sushi for lunch. I suppose, in some ways, everyone wins.
Lindt
psst Ray, learn your nautical tearms. Fore or aft (front or back) Port or Starbord (right or left). Also might wanna stick the gear list in a spoiler tag. Keeps the meat easy to read =p
RangerJoe
Heh heh. Yarr. I take it Ralph has placed his kit in the fore (foreward) starboard (right, when facing forewards) cabin.

*GM goes and corrects OOC post which lead to the confusion. Sorry*

RangerJoe
Oh, also, Ray, in looking at the Albacore schematic, you'll notice the dinghy moored at the rear of the boat. Slosh don't have no steekin' dinghy, so it is concievable that you could store the suzuki there.
Ray Becker
Ok, thanks and sorry about that.
RangerJoe
No worries.

I'll put an updated schematic of the Albacore on the site this evening which shows the positions of the ring and pintle mounts, as well as Aesir, Ran, and any other features folks ask about/notice.
Ray Becker
Ok, although I can't see/think of anything missing personaly as of yet.
RangerJoe
For Ray:

[ Spoiler ]
RangerJoe
Small addition made to the yarrgame site, showing the location of the pintle and ring mounts.
Ray Becker
Well action already it seems.
RangerJoe
Can't have folks getting complacent or bored, can we?

Just some details to flesh out the situation:

* The pier is just under a hundred yards long, sticking out some ways into the surf (there's no real harbor in the village, which is why it's a great smuggling point).

* Facing back towards the island, the Albacore is on the left side of the pier. Lacey's gang has pulled up on the right side of the pier, a little ways from where the pier comes up over dry land.

*The pier itself is fairly low, such that standing on the Albacore you can see across to the beach, however, the pier provides ~1/2 or ~1/4 cover for those in the boat.

*It's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses.

More in a bit. Kind of a busy day at work.
Ray Becker
Okay thats all pretty useful to know.

Unfortunatly it seems that I soon shall be able to fall back on the excuse of work for lack of effort after three years of being a professional slacker I've finally gotten a job.

Bah work all that money to spend on things and no time left to spend it it's a win lose situation
RangerJoe
Congrats, but at the same time, too bad. So long as folks keep up at something close to the pace we've been running so far (1-2 posts a day), I'll be very happy (even with 1 post per day on average).
Ray Becker
I should be able to do taht I should even be able to post at least once aday for most of my holiday.
RangerJoe
Looking at Lindt's gunnery roll, I really like the
[ Spoiler ]
pattern. If everyone could use that, it would be great. It's good to know what's CP and what's skill.

cheers.
RangerJoe
Oh, and for resolving the attacks against the jet skis, are folks aiming at the vehicle or the passengers? For an open vehicle like these it matters slightly more than for the pickup (although the same weird rules about vehicle armor/body will still apply). In other words, are you looking to call the shot or not? (and don't go back lookin' at your rolls to check : -) )

The two jet skis have fanned out slightly (as well as two vehicles can fan out), so I'll resolve the FA burst agains the near one.
Ray Becker
About the combat pool rolls yeah I'll start doing that on the next roll. In reguards too shooting at the Jet Skies I'm just shooting at the general shape if i hit the pilot's then it is a bonus.
Lindt
Depends if the Gun has a smartlink or not. If so, sure, Ill call shots, if not Im just gonna shoot at the thing as a whole.
RangerJoe
No smartlink, I'm afraid, so I'll resolve the attacks accordingly. Slosh runs a very low-tech ship.
Lindt
6LN Bump
RangerJoe
Sorry for the delay, mates. I was called away unexpectedly. Look forward to an IC update tonight.

Yarr.
Lindt
No hard feelings. As an FYI, as of wednesday noonish, Im on vacation untill monday the 23rd. Gonna be getting my GM hat on at GenCon, so if anyone is nuts enough come play!
RangerJoe
No worries. Get a gander at the new books for the rest of us. : -)

While you're away, do want Iron to be NPCed by me or do you simply want him to hang in the shadows and just sort of go with the flow?
Lindt
For the moment if its moving hes shooting, anything above that, hes got a truck load of gear to unpack and see if he can sleep in the same cabin with.
Ray Becker
Hi all currently on holiday but should be able to post at least once aday but no promises.
RangerJoe
Good to hear. It's funny. I'm more likely to post during the work week than on the weekends. It's like some kind of crazy, mixed-up backwards world....
Lindt
Im back, and slightly more pirtry after a weekend of gaming and drunkness. So *8MN dropkick back to front of page*
RangerJoe
Heh heh. Sounds good. Let's get this ship movin' then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012