Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Draco Foundation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shockwave_IIc
Ok, Im' gonna wright a campaign where if the players "succed" the Draco foundation will get spanked by the corperate court.

Of cause, being an integral part of the Meta-Plot (which i like) it will survive, just might not be in it's current form.

Now, I've looked in SoNA, Corp Download. And found no info on the Draco Foundation, i know formed from "Dunklezahns secrets" but where is the most indepth Canon Section on the Draco Foundation (Apart from AH's site)?
Kermit the Trog
"Dragons of the Sixth World" has indepth info on the foundation. Who is behind the courts actions S-K or the atlantean foundation. If the former you might also want the adventure set Survival of the Fitest as that has info on Draconic fallout from the Big "D"'s death.

Hope this helps biggrin.gif
Omega Dragon
The "dragon heart" trilogy has some info on the DF and technobabel has info on the corp court. All 4 are good reads so try to get them regardless smile.gif
Synner
There is an introductory writeup in PoaD which details the Foundation during its formative months. After that there are mentions in Target:UCAS and the Dragonheart Trilogy as well as numerous small cameos in various books (like YotC). Finally there's a full writeup and fact file on the Foundation as it stands in mid-2063 in DotSW.
Shockwave_IIc
I've got Technobabel so i'll have to give that a reread. DotSW, have to give that a reread.

And as to "who". Aztechnology are gonna falsifiy Evidence so that the Draco Foundation get a mandate preform on them.
BitBasher
I was pretty sure that The Draco Foundation was't a member of the corporate court. Is it a for profit or non profit organization? I was under the impression it was non-profit.
Shockwave_IIc
It's a corporation thus "governed" by the same laws as everyone else, Although it's prob isn't even an "A" class corp. Though i might be mistaken they also own Assets inc.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
And as to "who". Aztechnology are gonna falsifiy Evidence so that the Draco Foundation get a mandate preform on them.

What evidence and why? The Draco Foundation, while a corporation, isn't really a business and as such isn't particularly in the eye of a lot of the corporate court.

~J
Ol' Scratch
If memory serves, the Draco Foundation is the equivalence of a AA corporation but only in wealth and influence. It's also very much a non-profit organization whose sole purpose is to administer to Dunkelzahn's will. I can't recall ever seeing them have any influence with the Corporate Court or other corporations at all beyond whatever stocks Dunkelzahn didn't bequeath to someone else in his will (or anything else relating to the will). In that regard, they're just shareholders and not a corporation.

I don't have Dot6W handy to double-check, though.
FlakJacket
Actually I seem to remember several comments from different books saying that the Foundation is on par with one of the Big Ten in terms of wealth and resources. And yeah, the Corporate Court wouldn't have any jurisdiction over them AFAIK.
shadd4d
Hmmm. In DotSW, did it state whether the draco foundation earned extraterritoritality?

Don
Ol' Scratch
I don't recall ever hearing that. But, again, they're not an actual megacorporation so it shouldn't apply anyway. They just have the wealth and influence of a AA.
toturi
I think while the DF isn't a commercial concern per se, it is perhaps a projection of a 1990s phenomenon just as all-powerful megacorps are a projection of a 1980s phenomenon. They are the ultimate NGO. Think about it. Seattle, a few years back, had riots on the streets, why? NGOs.
shadd4d
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
I don't recall ever hearing that. But, again, they're not an actual megacorporation so it shouldn't apply anyway. They just have the wealth and influence of a AA.

I'm asking because I remember reading somewhere that they requested it. Probably one of those German departures from canon, probably WP&SI.

Don
Shockwave_IIc
I was looking into the possibility of a campaign/ plot line involving (barely) the Great Enemy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012