Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Handguns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mystery Mantis
Ok, i really jsut want to know if this is a good idea....
i want players to have the option of a hard hitting handgun, that is small and concealable, and i don't like anything in the books. (btw-i have a house rule that heavy pistols can't use a silencer, to basically encourage them to get more into the gear section. if you want more of an explainatoin, well, ask i guess.)
this was the plan, I want the 'medium" class of handgun to have a base code of 6M. They use light pistol range, except increased a little, not sure how i want that to happen. The conceal would be about the same as a light pistol, and they would hold around 10 to 15 rounds in a magazine.
but then wait! (at least that is what i thought). i am sure that someone here has already did this idea. so lets have it, let me see ya'lls ideas and all that. cause, i would rather get it likethat, so i don't have to test, then redo, ect...
Backgammon
Perfection has a name
Laughlyn
So they have more ammo, the same conceal, they can use a silencer, and they do better damage. Why would you want to use a light pistol?
Kurukami
Cost?
Hida Tsuzua
Might be easier just to make light pistols do that after all they're rather weak for a firearm.
Austere Emancipator
Agreed. If you aren't ready for the aforementioned perfection, or some almost-as-perfect version of it, you might as well change all Light Pistols to do Medium damage (base 6M).
Mystery Mantis
So they have more ammo, the same conceal, they can use a silencer, and they do better damage. Why would you want to use a light pistol?

why would you want to anyway? really, my players (and i) don't like them.

anyways, the idea about changing all lights to have M instead of L. Good idea, that is what i will do! no work, just tell everyone the good news!

i'll check out that raygun link. thanks for the help ya'll!
Glyph

Actually, that's my problem with light pistols vs. heavy pistols NOW, and I have been a long-time advocate of raising light pistol damage to 6M. I mean, you have pistols like the Ares Viper, or Morrissey Alta and Elite, that have the same concealability, bells and whistles (the Viper has an integral silencer and burst-fire capability, while the Alta and Elite have integral laser sights), and MUCH more damage capability.
Tziluthi
Plus if you get shot four times with a 9mm pistol, you're going to be down for the count. Even if you're wearing body armour, you'll still get some pretty bad bruises.
Arethusa
Silly Dumpshock board members. Light pistols are for kids.
Raygun
Said the man before the .22 ended up in his ear canal... smile.gif
Rain
Yeah, I got yer .22 right here. Tough guy. nyahnyah.gif
Raygun
I'll bet you do! *kissy*
Mystery Mantis
biggrin.gif checked out the perfection. eek.gif very impressive!
thanks for the link! wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012