Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extra Metamagics
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dashifen
I know there are a few metamagics in a book other than MitS. There's channelling and then psychometery (sp?). Where can one find info on these skills -- especially the latter one (I'm not trying to spell psychometery again ... damn ... just did).

Apathy
Try AH's webesite. He has a sub-page specifically devoted to this: Ancient History's Metamagics
Ol' Scratch
Target: Awakened Lands and State of the Art: 2063 are the only two books that I can think of that have metamagic techniques beyond those in MitS. T:AL is the one with Channeling and SotA has Psychometry.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Apathy)
Try AH's webesite. He has a sub-page specifically devoted to this: Ancient History's Metamagics

Sweet -- I love that man.

And thanks Doc Funk -- I was focused on the psychometry skill so it looks like I may be looking for SOTA2063 in the near future wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
Psychometry is basically Aura Reading on crack. It doesn't require a skill of its own, only Aura Reading. The big mechanical difference between it and a normal assensing is that Aura Reading skillisn't used as a Complimentary Skill for an Intelligence Test; it's an actual Aura Reading Test. In exchange you can get all kinds of interesting and useful information about of a place or an object.
sidartha
QUOTE (Dashifen)
QUOTE (Apathy @ Aug 2 2004, 08:49 AM)

Sweet -- I love that man.

As a slight side note to the Admins, Why is there no link to AH's site on the main page?
One has to go through the posts to find a link, very irritating.
mfb
well, you can also just look up AH's user profile.
Fygg Nuuton
i think it should be part of the dumpshock matrix, personaly
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Fygg Nuuton)
I think it should be part of the dumpshock matrix, personally.

It is. Notice the dumpshock part of the URL? It's just that they haven't added a link to it from the ds matrix page, just like Piston's site- and that moved how long ago?
Fygg Nuuton
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
QUOTE (Fygg Nuuton)
I think it should be part of the dumpshock matrix, personally.

It is. Notice the dumpshock part of the URL? It's just that they haven't added a link to it from the ds matrix page, just like Piston's site- and that moved how long ago?

just goes to show you, i am oblivious.

i naturally assume if i think it should be done, i am alone smile.gif
Pistons
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ Aug 2 2004, 02:46 PM)
  It's just that they haven't added a link to it from the ds matrix page, just like Piston's site- and that moved how long ago?

Quite a long time... and it's been a while since I've updated, too. I've had a lot of things eating my brain. With luck, though, I'll be able to update sometime in the next few months.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012