Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: watcher spirit question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SentineloftheMountain
Hi. Can a full mage with the channeling metamagic technique use this technique on a watcher spirit he conjured earlier??
Ol' Scratch
No. Channeling requires you to expend a service from your spirit, and Watchers don't provide services.
Dashifen
As an aside, why did you want to?
mfb
watchers are easy to summon, and don't cause much in the way of drain. channelling adds the spirit's force directly to your stats, along with the other bonuses. summoning a force 4 watcher for 0 drain and gaining +4 Str, Qui, and Bod = teh bomm.

luckily, that's not allowed.
SentineloftheMountain
basically, for the quick summoning time of a watcher spirit.

A decent Force elemental/spirit (F4-6) take several hours to summon and I wanted a way for my mage to be able to cast spells on the physical plane while astrally projected.
Kanada Ten
...I wanted a way for my mage to be able to cast spells on the physical plane while astrally projected.

Watchers do not have the Materialization power which would be required to do this anyway.
Ol' Scratch
Eh? Channeling can't be used at all while projecting and the moment you project, the Channeling comes to an end. It's a moot point all around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012