Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bargin Grabs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abstruse
I went into my local Comic Book/Gaming/Hobby/General Geekery store today in order to pick up Shadows of Europe. Sure, no discount off cover price, but I've been trying to budget $30 since the thing came out and I didn't really want to wait on shipping. So while I'm there, I decided to dig through the used gaming bin to see if anything interesting was there. My jaw dropped and I tried to communicate my amazement to my friend (who plays Shadowrun but doesn't really buy the books, just borrows mine) without alerting the owner to why I was freaking out. Harlequin - $6.99 Aztechnology - $5.99 Lone Star - $2.99 Denver Boxed Set - $7.99 I've spent literally MONTHS trying to get new copies of these books on eBay getting outbid on 3-4 times those prices! Hell, Harlequin alone cost me more than SoE did when I got it the first time, and it was in horrible shape! About 20 blister packs of the old Shadowrun minis (including not one but FOUR Ehran/Harlequin packs) for $1.49 each! Has anyone else tried digging in the discount bin and finding tresures like these? Or am I freaking out over something pretty common (comic store owners in it for the business and not knowing what old books are really worth)?

The Abstruse One
Kagetenshi
You lucky @#$%

*Jealous*

~J
D.Generate
You suck I searched for years to get the orginal Harly adventure and when i did find it I had to drop like 30 on it. Can say anyhting for the rest since I purchaced all of them when they first came out.

Good find...and you still suck!
the_dunner
I had a lucky find last week -- picked up in good condition, but used at my FLGS:

NAGNA
NAGRL
Lone Star
Corp Security
Denver Boxed Set
Prime Runners
Shadowbeat
Sprawl Sites

for $60.
Red Swami
Two weeks ago I managed to find NAGtNA, NAGtRL, and the Germany sourcebook for $20 total. And Duels figures 60% off, too--I picked a pair up just for novelty. Curiously, they had neither New Seattle nor YotC nor SOTA63, which is what I'd gone there for.

I dunno what it is, but game stores seem to have lots of used SR stuff these days. At least the ones I visit do.
Skeptical Clown
I bought most of my books when a local game store went out of business, a good... seven or eight years ago. Has it been that long? My God.

Other than that, I had to find rare ones like Sprawl Sites and Harlequin on Ebay or other websites.
The Question Man
The worst thing happened a while back. A local gaming store shut down. They had been in buisness for several years and had a loyal following. The owner was also getting out of gaming entirely and decide to sell his peronal collection as well.

I picked up each book for 5 dollars canadian each

Aztlan
CalFree
Tir Tairngire
Tir na Nog nyahnyah.gif
The Denver box set <got it for thr Map and the Silent Stalker K-9> love.gif
Seattle
The Neo Anarchists Guide to North America love.gif
The Neo Anarchists Guide to Real Life
ShadowBeat talker.gif

I lost out on the Harlequin frown.gif books, Universal Brotherhood, Maria Mercurial, and a few other adventures.

Since I lost Tir na Nog and NAGNA. Gave away the Denver Box set and earlier editions of Shadowrun.

I miss the good old days of having money. nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif

Cheers

QM
Lindt
I managed to pick up Super Tuesday, Corp Shadowfiles, Threats, and Target Matrix for a total of about 20 bucks. Of course I offset it by buying R3 revised...
Might I suggest NobleKnight games for stuff? They have both Tir books in stock. I just got a pair of Alternity books from them. Great used stuff, especally outta print stuff. And yes, I camping UB...
Grimtooth
I agree with Lindt. Nobleknight games is a good company. And if you're low on cash the owner will sometimes buy old stuff for store credit.

I was low on cash, and sent him an email. He quoted me a good price on some of my old D&D 1st and 2nd edtion books.

Check them out.

Anyone out there ever deal with Evilisgood.com? They were a GREAT company. The more orders you placed the more of a discount you earned. I was up to a 40% discount before they went out of business.

L.D
Not for Shadowrun, but for Mage I picked up the Judgment book for 6 bucks (including shipping).
Sepherim
You lucky guys... Spanish shops don't have a "used books" section at all... frown.gif
L.D
Try Ebay. Sometimes you can find real bargins there.
Link
Hereabouts it's about 1600km's to the nearest gamestore (AFAIK) where they each have from 1-6 SR books (All new books except for Total Eclipse last I looked). The only national mail order shop (again AFAIK) doesn't have SoE yet. When they do it will be for about $50. Maybe I'll have to look harder...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012