Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC totem (idol): Disney
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thistledown
A lot of my group is from the Anaheim area, and has a certain... distaste for disney. I thought I'd cater to that thought and send their team against a disney shaman at some point.

I'm not sure of what exactly this totem would entail, although bonuses to illusions and control manipulations seem to fit.

He's going to be an initiate and have invoking, and at some point he'll sommon a great form ___, which will manifest as Chernabog (the demon from fantasia's Night on Bald Mountain).

I'd like some ideas for totem flaws and other concepts for this totem though. And what type of spirit that demon would be. Any ideas?
RangerJoe
Just thinking about an appropriate geas-- singing.

M....I....C........
K....E....Y.......
M....O...U...S....E....!

I'd also treat the shaman as a pacifist. He can be as manipulative and conniving as you want, but to be in tune with the ideals of Disney, he should draw the line at actually hurting the runners (then again, if one of those animatronic pirates were to go haywire....)
Ecclesiastes
You do know that in age of Shadowrun, Disney bought almost all of Orange County and made it into a huge Disney Universe. Its been a while since I searched through the CalFree book, but I know its all in there.

I just love the security guards that wear Disney costumes with guns hidden in them... "Mommy? Why is goofy shooting at that man with an uzi?"
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (RangerJoe)

Small World theme would be crueler. Especially if the GM gets the audio and sets it on repeat as long as the PCs are fighting him.

I vote massive, overpowered great form mountain spirit. Arrange the climactic battle in mountainous terrain, and watch how the PCs react to the mountain they are climbing unfolding its wings to better protect the shaman.
Necro Tech
Animate + Trid Phantasm = happy smiling moving trees/cars/chairs/teapots.
mfb
the mountain idea seems like the best. make it part of a theme world, though--Fantasia Land, or something.
Bossemanden
Or summon spirits in the form of Disney characters.
BIG BAD BEESTE
Alternatively, have the shaman use plenty of control manipulations to alter the PC's moods. Hey you could even make them sing to the wittle birdies and cute furry animals that come out of the trees to watch them. Then they go berserk and attempt to rip the runners to shreds! eek.gif (Images of Homer Simpson going wilderness here biggrin.gif )

(Actually, when one of my Earthdawn players did his beastmaster karma ritual one of the others dubbed him Bambi due to all the little critters coming out and sitting around his meditation circle.)

Hmmm, or then there's the possibility of having a "genie" pop up out of a lamp to continually harass the team. A kind of Uber-Imp perhaps? (See Threats 2)
littlesean
I gave my team the following information about the 'corp' involved in a kidnapping.
They are based out of Southern CFS somewhere and that they have fairly good intelligence. The also have resources in CSA, Europe and Japan.

Then when the encountered the corporate black ops team, 8 strong, 1 human female who was a "The Mouse" Shaman with a tough ally spirit that took the form of a very small, glowing fairy and 7 short metahumans in sec armor. Yes they were dwarves, I couldn't resist. The one tough Physad we had in the group still gets razzed about getting his ass handed to him by Tinkerbell. It was a fun run though, in spite of all the cheese.
Sepherim
They'd all have to be wearing bright-colored clothes, probably blue, or red, or yellow. And a big, big, smile. biggrin.gif
snowRaven
I think I'm gonna use this in my campaign!

I can just picture it - hardened shadowrunners fighting their way through a host of cartoon characters to stop the Evil Disney Magician from stealing away a bunch of children...

Oh, the possibilities! grinbig.gif
The Jopp
Hmm, Wile E Coyote Shaman, must have skills like Traps, Explosives, Rocketry at minimum 4 and "Bad Luck" flaw...For the suicidal one you could take "incompetence" flaw on the above skills.

Hated enemy Roadrunner Shaman. Roadrunner shaman likes good food, cant stand still for more than 3,0 seconds and has "Good luck" edge. Must have athletics/running at highest possible skill and maxed out natural quickness.
nezumi
Don't forget, Roadrunner and the Coyote belong to the Time/Warner/AOL/CNN Shaman, arch nemesis of the Disney shaman.
Thistledown
Thanks for the help. I'll see how it goes.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
QUOTE (RangerJoe @ Aug 17 2004, 08:07 PM)

Small World theme would be crueler. Especially if the GM gets the audio and sets it on repeat as long as the PCs are fighting him.

Oh Goddess! I was once stuck in that ride for 3 hours.
A deviously evil thought.

He should be powerful in manipulations and illusions and suffer for combat spells.
I like the idea that spirits summoned would look like characters
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (nezumi)
Don't forget, Roadrunner and the Coyote belong to the Time/Warner/AOL/CNN Shaman, arch nemesis of the Disney shaman.

Warner shamans would be more capable of combat and manipulation spells
Shev
And if you want to kep in theme with the animated movies, make subtle sex references! rotfl.gif

Let us know how it goes.
HolyYakker
For some reason I am picturing a twisted evil Disney, kinda like the 'Cult of the Rat' form the Black Dog game <u>Hole</u>. I'd use a control manipulation simply to make a character talk like Donald or Goofy. That would be funny.
Dakhran the Dark
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Aug 17 2004, 08:15 PM)

Small World theme would be crueler.  Especially if the GM gets the audio and sets it on repeat as long as the PCs are fighting him.

Oh Goddess! I was once stuck in that ride for 3 hours.

3 HOURS?!? eek.gif I was only trapped for 45 minutes as a kid, and it left emotional scars... wobble.gif

Y'know, I'm starting to wonder how many of us have been trapped on that same ride for lengthy periods of time, and were traumatized by the experience. I keep hearing about people who've had the same experience, and it's beginning to seem like some sort of conspiracy or secret mind control experiment... alien.gif
Young Freud
QUOTE (Dakhran the Dark)
I keep hearing about people who've had the same experience, and it's beginning to seem like some sort of conspiracy or secret mind control experiment... alien.gif

It's our world after all
It's one world after all
It'll be our world after all
It's our one big world

biggrin.gif
lspahn72
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
QUOTE (nezumi @ Aug 19 2004, 09:50 AM)

How would you drop an anvil out of thin air???
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (lspahn72)

It's either a visual manifestation of a powerbolt (powerball for the big ones) or a variant elemental manipulation.
Hague
QUOTE (lspahn72)
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Aug 21 2004, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (nezumi @ Aug 19 2004, 09:50 AM)

New spell, "Summon Anvil".
locomotiveman
QUOTE (Young Freud)
QUOTE (Dakhran the Dark)
I keep hearing about people who've had the same experience, and it's beginning to seem like some sort of conspiracy or secret mind control experiment... alien.gif

It's our world after all
It's one world after all
It'll be our world after all
It's our one big world

biggrin.gif

I've heard of this happening several times, its got to be getting close to the size of a potential class action lawsuit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012