Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Music
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BishopMcQ
Yes folks, I know. This topic has been beaten to death, but I just can't find it.

Where is the list of ambience music that several people have put together?

Also, if people feel so inclined, throw me your lists of good ambience music for shadowrun--you can sort it out by types of activities or just one big list...

And for everyone who is going to tell me to use the search engine, I most gladly will after I am told how to get around this...

CODE
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Sites\invision.dumpshock.com\sources\Drivers\mySQL.php on line 101
JaronK
Let's see, good shadowrun music...

For chase scenes: Rollin' (Limp Bizkit)
For general mood: Anything from the Vagellis Bladerunner themes line
During combat: Engel (Ramstein), Firestarter and Breath (Prodegy)

Just some random thoughts there.

JaronK
Pistons
My list of favorites:

Fight Club soundtrack
Haujobb, Solutions for a Small Planet, Ninetynine, Freeze Frame Reality, etc.
Bush, Deconstructed
Juno Reactor
Collide, Chasing the Ghost
Incubus
KMFDM, Retro
Massive Attack
Orgy
Prodigy
Powerman 5000
The Crystal Method
Curve, Gift

A few others to explore:
Gus Gus
Genitorturers
Jah Wobble
Junkie XL
SMP

My current Shadowrun mix cd playlist:
Delerium featuring Kirsty Thirk, "Flowers Become Screens"
Garbage, "Not My Idea"
Incubus, "Pardon Me"
Juno Reactor, "God Is God"
KMFDM, "Brute"
Moby, "Machete"
Nine Inch Nails, "Starfuckers, Inc"
Orgy, "Fiction (Dreams In Digital)"
Powrman 5000, "Public Menace, Freak, Human Fly"
Faith and the Muse, "Porphyrogene (Laboratory X mix)"
The Dust Brothers, "Jack's Smirking Revenge"
Genitorturers, "Terrorvision"
Zeromancer, "Eurotrash"
Haujobb, "Perfect Average"
Juno Reactor, "Rotorblade"
Sneaker Pimps, "Waterbaby"
Backgammon
My god, someone else that knows Collide!
Ancient History
Down boy.
Backgammon
Actually, I don't even like them all that much..
Pistons
That's a shame. I like them quite a bit, and I'm disappointed that I'll miss seeing them at Dracula's Ball in Philly September 1.

Regardless, I like their cover of "White Rabbit" and think it would be good for a Matrix run.
Black Isis
Collide is very cool. smile.gif How is their new CD? I haven't picked it up yet.

I've been having trouble finding stuff for my games background because I want stuff that isn't too intrusive -- and I find that a lot of stuff with lyrics can definitely be distracting. A lot of what I've picked out is Aphex Twin, ambient Delerium tracks (like the ones on Spheres), or movie or game soundtracks.
Pistons
QUOTE (Black Isis)
Collide is very cool. smile.gif How is their new CD? I haven't picked it up yet.

Vortex? Don't know yet; I won't have the money to pick it up for a while, unfortunately. I am looking forward to it, however.

The least non-intrusive stuff on my list would be things like the Fight Club soundtrack, Juno Reactor, some of the haujobb, Gus Gus and Jah Wobble.
Adarael
A new one I just picked up that I've been using more and more:

Dismantled's cd "Postnuclear."

Dismantled is good for you.
Sepherim
Maybe you'd like to add the Ghost in the Shell Soudtrack, the Matrix Soundtrack (the first one, though the Animatrix one is nice too, haven't heard the other two), and maybe a little bit of Rob Zombie and Rage Against the Machine.
TimeKeeper
And if you all are REALLY good, I might find some way to give you some of the music from the Shadowrun CD that was made back in the 90's.

It's not something I can just post on my webpage afterall since I've trying to figure out who owns it, if they're dead, and so on, and so on...

BTW, I'm going to have to update the site. My schedule pushed back the ShadowOut 2 update till Sep at the earliest since we're getting underway.
Damn Typhoons.
DV8
QUOTE (Pistons)
Haujobb, Solutions for a Small Planet, Ninetynine, Freeze Frame Reality, etc.

I still can't thank you enough for bringing this to my attention. It almost makes me wish I didn't fuck up so badly in your dare at GenCon a few years ago. Too bad the lead singer of Haujobb really shouldn't be even near a microphone. smile.gif
Pistons
Aww, he's not that bad. smile.gif I gather haujobb's worked for your games like the Fight Club soundtrack has?
DV8
No, I never play Haujobb during my games. I did play the Fight Club soundtrack a while, but there's nothing quite as good (and as a hard to find) as the Darklight Conflict soundtrack. I swear by it. There's nothing better for Shadowrun than this.
Thistledown
Most of the soundtrack to Gunparade March seems to work well, but not for everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012