Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: time to complete an astral quest...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SentineloftheMountain
Hi. How long does it take to complete an astral quest??

The GM in my game uses the training time requirement rules in the SR Companion and I wanted to figure out my character's training schedule.

Now, in order to start an astral quest, a mage has to astrally project to a metaplane. According to the SR Main Sourcebook on pg 173 it states that a mage loses 1 essence point per hour which implies you can only astrally project for a maximum of 6 hours without dieing.

Would this mean that an astral quest can only take a maximum of 6 hours to finish??

How does everyone handle this situation??

Thanks
Dashifen
Astral Quests are the exception to the 1 hour/essence rule. Astral Quests can take days! The exact rules are in MITS which I don't remember right now, but they can take quite a bit longer than 6 hours.
noname_hero
Most astral quests take (Rating)D6 hours. The exceptions are the Initiation quest (takes (Rating) days) and the True Aura quest (takes NO time on the physical plane, but certain conditions must be met if you want to undertake it).

The subjective time the character(s) spends in the metaplanes can vary, it can be a few minutes or a few decades.

A character loses no Essence while undertaking an astral quest.
SentineloftheMountain
OK. I'm blind. Thanks for pointing that out in MITS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012