Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plastic Rat's Guides
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WhiteRabbit
I remember once upon a time seeing some truly excellent rules cheat sheets. IIRC they were called "Plastic Rat's Quick and Dirty Guide to ...". Does anyone here remember them, and, more importantly, know where I could find them?
Voltage
With a little digging, I was able to get Plastic Rat's E-mail as she posted it somewhere (thought I'm not sure how recent it was). You could ask her for the guide(s) you're interested in (and in fact that was the reason she posted it, so the mail shouldn't be unwelcome).

shannon@edge-1.com
Ezra
HA HA!

Plastic Rat is actually a guy. We live in the same commune in Taiwan. His computer is currently dead, so if you private message me your email address, I'll send what I have of them through to you.

(He is working on updating them all, so there should be a newer version out soon.)
biggrin.gif

Plastic Rat
I LIVE!

Well... If you can call incarceration in Ezra's basement on a diet of vegetarian chinese food and the odd packet of M&Ms, being allowed out only for roleplaying, some internet time and the odd Soul Caliber game, well...if you can call that living... wobble.gif

Yeah, I'm planning on updating the guides...soon... Incidentally, astronomers have identified a Comet heading for the USA, Iowa. It should impact soon, like in the next 47 million years... The guides should be done before that though.

As I have no PC access currently, and this message had to be posted by stealing airtime using a jury-rigged combination of my game-boy advance, cellphone and several metal chopsticks, PMing Ezra would be the best way to get hold of the guides.

DISCLAIMER: Plastic Rat doesn't mind if you copy, distribute, alter for accuracy, consume, fantasize about, ignore or intensely dislike the documents known as "Plastic Rat's Fast and Dirty Guides." Charge your players money for them for all I care. That is as long as you donate some of it to the "Douglas Adams memorial fund" and wear a towel on his birthday it's all good. (Just don't send e-mails to Shannon@edge-1.com, as my former boss may be a bit peeved about it if he ever sees me again.)
aries
I could be handy if someone could just post it on an ftp or on a webpage. That way there won't be a million private messages going around asking for the guide.
So if anyone gets it online please let us know.
I for one would certainly like to take a look...
PS: As I'm not familiar with the guide what does the "I'm planning on updating the guides" refer to? Is it based on an older version of the rules?
Ezra
Emails have been sent. If you PM'ed me and didn't get an email, just shout and I will resend. smile.gif

As far as updating the guides goes, I think he is talking about jazzing them up a bit. Most of them are 3rd ed based anyways, so I don't think he is talking about a rules upgrade or anything.
Kagetenshi
I’d be glad to host them if desired.

~J
aries
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I’d be glad to host them if desired.

Would be nice of you...
Ezra
Kagetenshi.....most decent of you.
smile.gif

Should I just email them through to you or what?
Kagetenshi
Sure; my email address is my username at kanshishakage.net .

~J
The Question Man
Thank you for the email.

Cheers

QM
aries
So Kagetenshi, are they online?
Kagetenshi
Almost; the workers have barricaded access to the computer I need to use to put it up, though. Thanks for reminding me. dead.gif

~J
Kagetenshi
They're up here; I'll turn them into something that should actually be on the web and stick the documents in a zip file where they belong soon.

~J
Siege
I could zap them to pdf if you like.

-Siege
Kagetenshi
I can do that trivially (mmm, OSX), but thanks for offering.

More importantly, thanks for pointing that out as a possibility. I'll do it tonight.

~J
Siege
I exist to point out the easy answers. grinbig.gif

-Siege
WhiteRabbit
Thanks for this, my players and I really appreciate it.
Kagetenshi
Siege- I’ve got them all converted (now that I finally spent the three minutes doing so), but the Excel file and the ranged weapon chart refuse to format correctly. Can you easily make a correct PDF of them? If not, I’ll fiddle with them once I get back from work and soforth.

~J
Siege
I made the conversions and they should be in your email soonish.

I don't know if they're better, per se, but they are functional.

-Siege
Kagetenshi
They're better in that they line up and don't get chopped off.

PDF stuff up, I'll clean it up once I finish playing with my new copy of Final Cut Pro.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012