Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are the Desert Wars?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FXcalibur
I've got my hands on FoF and I've seen the word a bit. Ever since reading it in CC I've wondered what it was. Anybody care to fill me in?
Bigity
The corps fight "mock" (or semi-mock) wars out in what used to be Libya. It's a televised thing, and IIRC they also use it to settle disputs sometimes instead of blowing each other's buildings all down every few years.

I believe T:WL has some info as well as hmm..another recent book, in a section about mercenaries.
toturi
Check out Target Wastelands for more details but Desert Wars are offically a series of military competition extravaganzas held every year, the real Desert Wars are the campaigns waged by the megacorps for the resources of the North African/Saharan Desert area and the behind the scenes maneuvering to winning the official Desert Wars.

I believe T:WL has some info as well as hmm..another recent book, in a section about mercenaries.

That's SOTA 2063.
Req
They're about to start up Desert Wars 2, in the Gobi Desert if I remember right.
FrostyNSO
So is it like pay per view with real ammo? Any more details would be great, this is interesting stuff.
Kanada Ten
It's more like MTV's the Real World and Road Rules meets Operation Desert Storm and World Football Champianships mixed into Coke-a-Cola commercial. Live ammo is often reserved for special events or the finals. To crank up the ratings and such.

Is it just me or is the Search Engine starting to crack?
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (Req)
They're about to start up Desert Wars 2, in the Gobi Desert if I remember right.

That'd be more like Desert Wars 12... there've been plenty of wars, but the venues do change...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012