Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hunting in the Smoke OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Drain Brain
Ladies and Gentlemen (well, gentlemen at least, IIRC),

Welcome to the promised London Game OOC thread.

This is the first game that I have run in the PBP style, so I promise to accept with good grace any comments or criticisms you may have – just PM me. Equally, if there’s anything you want to “whisper in my ear” so to speak, that should be done the same way…

For anyone who doesn’t know the situation, there was going to be a shaman on the team by the name of Harlot. Her player hasn’t got back to me although I’ve PMd him etc, so I’ve offered the place to the backup… if he turns it down, I’ll try one more time then make the ubiquitous NPC Mage… hussar!

Feel free to post a response to the opening “invite” as a sign that you’re onboard! I’ll be looking for:

Sandy Jackson (Silverspur)
Stone (Kurukami)
Piper (Rakshasa)
Fridge (Digital Heroine)
Deuce (Mysterio)

I do hope you enjoy the run…
Rakshasa
All right, I'll bite.

What are "green and fluffy"

Trolls?

Mutated pussy cats?

Slightly mouldy grapes?

Put your suggestions on a postcard please. Forget the stamp.
Digital Heroin
*cough* It's Heroin... as in the drug, not the lady hero... while I do rather fancy myself the heroic type, I lack the breasts to be a decent looking Xena type...

Oh, and if you notice any "Merseytalk" in Tyrone's shifting accent, blame my bad writing, and the site I'm using for slang...
Drain Brain
D'oh... sorry. I was writing from memory... Stupid mistake really since your email came with a rather gender specific name attached... wink.gif

Anyone else out there?
Mysterio
Here I am, back from vacation....refreshed? nah, but ready to play
Drain Brain
And here's the joy... what do you do when your Johnson appears to be a dweeb with zero-street smarts?
Silverspur_2020
Im on.... but due to the type of charecter I am playing this time around, she can and will speak any way she needs to in any given situation.... but unless indicated otherwise, assume she is speaking with a very cultured tone of voice (yes, even when she swears!)

I think before I do an IC post im gonna spend a few minutes re-reading my charecter sheet, I built it a few months ago and want to remember skills, eqipment, contacts etc....
Mysterio
Speaking of...uh..speaking, I think that I should say that with Deuce, he's your basic arrogant jerk. He speaks what's on his mind. It's nothing for him to put down the other runners and such. I just don't want anyone to take it personally or get offended.mad.gif
He truly is a fun character to play nyahnyah.gif
Silverspur_2020
Is he a Combat Freak then I take it?!
Mysterio
Deuce, a combat freak? *L* You remember the first time I used Deuce, it was in your run. he's more talk than anything.
Kurukami
Hopefully no-one took vindictive... biggrin.gif
Kurukami
Two quick questions, Drain Brain -- first, would I be correct to assume that there aren't really any waitresses who I could bribe to take a note over to the booth where the Johnson is sitting?

Second, if Stone were to write a note and fold it around a Euro coin with a rubber band, what would my TN be to flick it across the room and plink the Irishman in the shoulder/chest without hurting him? (And thus deliver the note to him surreptitiously.) biggrin.gif
Rakshasa
Do it either way.
The Irishman might hear it coming, something to do with his 6th sense I think, but wont catch it in flight, only time to duck!

And DB says it's likely there are one or two waitresses. DB's just popped home for lunch and I asked him.
Silverspur_2020
Without wanting to get into politics... I would prefer it if it Englands currency was still Sterling!! but I have a feeling it would be more likey to be Euro....
Silverspur_2020
Just remembered Deuce! wink.gif can I ask a questions please Mysterio? Could he get the hint please and back off! I just remember that half of that last mission he was in he spent just trying to hit love.gif on my female rigger, and I dont have the energy to do that this time!! sleepy.gif
Mysterio
*L* Yeah don't worry, he may throw the odd comment here or there, but it won't be a constant thing. Besides, he can only get shot down so many times. *L*
Silverspur_2020
Thats ok....hmmm, wonder if I could virtually sue for sexual harassment?!
Drain Brain
Yepper... one or two waitresses...

And as to the currency, the SoE book (which I finally got this week, Woohoo!) indicates that the UK still primarily uses the Sterling, although for convenience's sake (and since I didn't want to start messing with exchange rates) I'm ruling in favour of the Nuyen/Euro which exchange with each other at 1:1...
Drain Brain
I think that firmly confirms "Dweeb" status...

Question is, what do you do about it?

So there's no confusion, I'll point out in advance that the "Blonde gentleman in the long black coat" whom I described as approaching the table first (in my earlier post) is the aforementioned "Bandwidth Bob," who will be your NPC decker for the run...
Silverspur_2020
Using the negotation skill here is the roll for Sandys attempt at more money!!

02 05 05 01 02

Drain Brain
Nice. With a mod there for your high CHA, you've won access to the prize behind door number one! Shit... there's only one door... oh well... if you want more cash, I guess you'll have to be quick about the job!
Silverspur_2020
I like prizes! biggrin.gif
Drain Brain
rotfl.gif I humbly and with great chuckling request permission to use the phrase "These chairs are entirely inadequate" in my next signature revision... with proper credit, of course!

Kurukami
By all means, go ahead. biggrin.gif
Drain Brain
Since I was somewhat concerned about the lack of magical support, I've arranged for "Blitz" to come join us.

Blitz will make him/herself (sorry) known on the IC list, but I think it would be stonkingly in character for him/her (sheet didn't note gender, by the way...) to have entered the briefing with nobody noticing...
Blitz
There was a bloody picture on the character sheet you dufus! hehe

Girl-y Girl. (both in and out of character)
Drain Brain
Yar, but it kinds looked like Johnny Depp in that mexican thingy...

But it WAS in the background you emailed me (only after I'd made that post, by the way).

Also may I say that I am proud - you are, in fact, the first female player I've ever GM'd!

Woohoo! Got my girl-badge! Where's my needle and thread?
Blitz
How you got Johnny Depp from a picture of Milla Jovovich with a mask, I'll never know.
Rakshasa
Oh dear. DB's gonna be hell to live with now!! biggrin.gif

I speak as an Aged Parent you understand.
Blitz
Wait...I thought there were a number of girls playing...are you all guys?
Kurukami
I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it would incriminate me. Oh, wait... biggrin.gif
Kurukami
Well, that's an interesting intro to the character, Blitz. The pic's nice too... although is the mask Photoshop'd on? It looks like it has a slightly different texture than the rest of the picture.
Blitz
yeah...it was late and i was tired...forgive me
Kurukami
No apologies needed. biggrin.gif
Silverspur_2020
Im all man!!!! (although my girlfriend would say otherwise!) biggrin.gif
Rakshasa
DB should post Monday sometime. He pulled a double shift today (Sunday) and is on early tomorrow.

Silverspur_2020
Is anyone else finding it hard to connect to dumpshock at the moment? these last few days I have been struggling to connect at all and I would like to know if its just me or not!!
Mysterio
oh yeah I'm having trouble witrh a few features on here. Right now I can't see any emoticons in any of the posts and when I click on my controls at the top of the screen all I get is a blank screen instead of my listings of threads I watch
Rakshasa
Things seem back to normal. biggrin.gif

Sorry about specifics regarding London.

I worked at the Met Office in Prince's House, Queensway from 1964 to 1967, so I know the geography pretty well. embarrassed.gif
Drain Brain
Actually Dave (Rakshasa) is the only honest-to-ghu-Londoner amongst our number, although I'm passing familiar. That being the case, if anyone has any questions regarding the locale, I would suggest they direct them his way...
Rakshasa
Thanks for the description of the Safe House are due to Blitz (Tyen) via DB.

I've altered it slightly to fit a central London scene. Though why the tight security didn't blow Piper's head off.....????????????????????????

AH! got it. Tyen's there ahead of me? Smiling in the shadows at the Leprechaun stumbling around. biggrin.gif
Blitz
Preeeeecicely wink.gif

And you did a great job of describing it! biggrin.gif
Drain Brain
When I say "examining her connection" I mean it in a non-rude way, of course! wink.gif
Mysterio
I would never have thought otherwise nyahnyah.gif
Rakshasa
According to DB's `London Source Book' and `Shadows of Europe' the Palace of Westminster and Big Ben are still standing.

Unfortunately, I can't edit my post, this System is having a Hissy Fit and wont let me.

So assume said Palace and clock tower are still `alive and well'. biggrin.gif

P.S. The safe house is about 400 yards, as the crow flies, from the Lord Protector's HQ in Chancery Lane, so keep your heads down - particularly in the Matrix. eek.gif
Silverspur_2020
Sorry I have been quiet for the last few days its been a combination between work (lots of) and having trouble connecting. I am doing this from my girlfriends laptop at her house, so I still dont know weather it was my computer or the website, but it sounds like it was the site.

Yeah baby! im back! nyahnyah.gif
Drain Brain
No, it was the site - we had trouble too...

There's information from the chip presented from the decker's point of view - and the typo on the "Lambeth containment zone" isn't a typo, it's what he said, because he's german and not familiar with the territory... just so you know I'm not barmy!
Blitz
are we pre or post surge?
Drain Brain
Post.
Rakshasa
Nope, I don't have any `inside information' on the Plotline.

Piper was a Military man and just likes Chaos Thoery. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012