Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rigger Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bigity
Some questions I have about rigging rules (from SR3, maybe R3 answers these, but I don't have the book handy)

What determines the flux rating of a vehicles sensors?

Does that flux rating determine the range of the vehicles sensors?

How do sensors effect a vehicles Signature rating? When activated that is, since I'm assuming that there is no effect when they are deactivated.

Thanks
Luke Hardison
There shouldn't be a need to use a flux rating for sensors. If you need a rating for some test, use the Sensor rating. The range is not based on flux. And sensors have no effect on Signature.
Bigity
So what are the range of sensors based on then? Anything?
Austere Emancipator
You got the Flux rating for Sensors right there in SR3, p. 136: Device Rating x 1.5 (Round Up). This can be increased accoring to rules right next to the table I took that figure from. There's lots more crap in R3 about how you can increase the Flux rating. And yeah, you use that for the range of Sensors.

Everything with a Flux decreases the Sig of a vehicle according to the Footprint rules on p. 83, R3. Add together the Flux ratings of all transmitters (radios, Sensors, ECM, RCDs, etc), divide by 10 (round to the nearest number), reduce from TN for all tests against the vehicles Signature. There's more to it, but I don't want to go through it all here.
Bigity
Thanks smile.gif I saw the info about how to increase flux ratings of devices, but missed the part for figuring flux for sensors. Doh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012