Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ares Antioch-3: Mounts or No?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
paul_HArkonen
Recently, it's come up that a player wants to mount an underbarrel Antioch-3 GL on... an Antioch-3 GL.

The question is does it use the rules for heavy weapons(top-, barrel-, and under-barrel mounts) or missile/rocket launchers(no mounts)?

Ideas?
Nath
Brother Maynard, bring up the Book Of Armament !
Birdy
QUOTE (Nath)
Brother Maynard, bring up the Book Of Armament !

Private Meier, raise the field artillery! The one from division!

IIRC Antioch is man portable[1] so I'd use heavy weapons. Heavy weapons rules that is.

Birdy

[1] Man Portable: MilSpeak for "Somebody welded a handgrip to it"
Austere Emancipator
Regardless of what the rules say, you can't allow that. Because next thing you know, some troll will have a 12-pack Antioch combo, just because.
toturi
You can end up with a infinite pack Antioch combo... Start with 1, add another, add another under the second....
Austere Emancipator
Only if you don't use the Canon Hauling The Load rules.
toturi
Ahhhh, but who said a PC was using it? It could even be vehicular...
Slashback
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
Regardless of what the rules say, you can't allow that. Because next thing you know, some troll will have a 12-pack Antioch combo, just because.

lol rotfl.gif
Why does this remind me of a certain episode of pvponline.com...

-foont- -foont- -foont- -SPLORTCH-
paul_HArkonen
Nah this was to be man portable and I had already told him, even if you do mount the double, you cannot put an underbarrel mount on the underbarrel mount.

so basically what i understand from you guys is, yes give it should be a heavy weapon, and thereby have mounts, but make sure it doesn't get too out of control. If that's wrong please let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012