Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vehicle class weapons
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
xizor
Ok I am just wondering, what weapons are vehicle class?

-Personnel class weapons (pistols, rifles and submachine guns.)
-Vehicle class weapons
-Naval class weapons (things with an N in the damage code, some missles, rail guns and navel guns )
Which weapons are vehicle class weapons?

and what kind of damage reductions do vehicals get from other weapons?
(eg explosives...)
Austere Emancipator
Only some special explosives are AV, commercial explosives and most grenades and the like are not. Thus vehicles get the normal damage reduction (½ Power, -1 DL) against all straight explosives and most explosive charges. Remember that using AV ammunition can make a SMG more deadly against vehicles than a HMG with regular ammunition, so you shouldn't think in terms of RL weapon classifications in this case.

Basically "vehicle class weapons" (Anti-Vehicular or AV weapons) include any weapon using AV ammunition (available for all conventional firearms from Hold-Outs to Assault and Autocannons, apart from a few special weapons like the Barrett M121), a few missiles and rockets, a bunch of weapons from Rigger 3, and any Naval weapon (as per the rules for Naval Weapons Against Smaller Vehicles or whatever in R3).

For any weapon that cannot use either the standard AV Ammunition or AC AV Ammunition from CC, or Naval weapons, the Damage Code of the weapon must include the AV-tag in the tables to be considered Anti-Vehicular.
xizor
i do appreciate the quick response but its not quite what i am looking for.
i know that i can buy a special AV round but...
i am looking for weapons that are vehicular (something that does its normal damage against vheicals)
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
Basically "vehicle class weapons" (Anti-Vehicular or AV weapons) include [...] a few missiles and rockets [and] a bunch of weapons from Rigger 3 [...]

For any weapon that cannot use either the standard AV Ammunition or AC AV Ammunition from CC, or Naval weapons, the Damage Code of the weapon must include the AV-tag in the tables to be considered Anti-Vehicular.
And that's the best summing up you can get without someone giving you a list of all weapons in the game that have the (AV)-tag in their Damage Codes. If such a list is what you want, you're going to have to wait for someone that has even less of a life than me. wink.gif
Corporate Raider
Every weapon I can think of is naval, A/V, or has its power halved and damage level reduced by one as a normal weapon.

So to answer your question, there are no "vehicular class" weapons as you have defined it.
Austere Emancipator
Oh, right, in case that was unclear: When doing damage to (non-ship) vehicles, there's only two types of attacks: normal and AV. The Naval Damage Code gets translated to an AV Damage Code when you attack normal vehicles with it. Just about every weapon there is (certainly all weapons in SR3, CC or R3) either gets the normal damage reduction of vehicles and checks against the full vehicle armor, or halves the vehicle armor and doesn't have it's damage reduced at all. Normal or AV.
Necro Tech
There is a section in Rigger 3 that list quite a chunk of vehicle weapon. They can only be mounted on vehicles and their damage codes are AV out of the box. No special ammo required.
Camouflage
Btw: A good way to compensate for the mess the official AV-rules introduced into the system, I suggest 2 houserules:

1) AV weapons only get the bonus of being subject to the normals power- and damage-reduction, but they don't reduce the targets armor. I.e. AV simply has its normal, unreduced damage code against vehicles, that's all.

2) AV ammo is only available for Rifles, Shotguns, MG's and heavy weapons, but not for small firearms like pistols, etc.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012