Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Melee combat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Grimtooth
ok heres the story

2 adepts face off against one another. one wielding a focus the other wielding 2 daggers. In other words lots of dice being thrown.

The adept wielding 2 daggers has the counterstike ability.

I had to stop combat to figure out when to throw those dice. I never did figure it out. The power description said to reference like page 123 in the bbb. There was nothing explicitly listed as a counter attack or when to use a counterstrike ability.

I eventually just dropped the power. No sense in interrupting combat for 2 lousy dice.

Anyone have a clue on this one? Its just for my peace of mind.
Austere Emancipator
You use it in all of your Melee Combat Defender's Success Tests.
Grimtooth
So if the dual wielding adept is ATTACKED, losing initiative, he can use his counterstrike dice?

Otherwise, he subtracts the dice and attacks normally?
Luke Hardison
If he is described as the 'Defender', then he gets the Counterstrike dice. If not, he does not get the Counterstrike dice.
Cochise
QUOTE (Grimtooth)
So if the dual wielding adept is ATTACKED, losing initiative, he can use his counterstrike dice?

Otherwise, he subtracts the dice and attacks normally?

Initiative is of secondary importance there. Whenever someone uses a complex action to do a melee attack, the adept with counterstrike power will receive those additional dice.
If the adpet himself performs a melee attack during one of his combat phases he simply doesn't get those extra dice. But he doesn't have to "substract" them from the normally availible number of dice (skill + combat pool + increased ability *if he has that power*) ...
Grimtooth
Ok

Thanks to everyone.

We were all just looking to closely. We were looking for "counter attack" or "counterstrike" in the verbage of rules.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012