Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drake or Dragon?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Espiritu
Can anyone give me their opinions if this wyrm is a Drake or a Dragon? My GM insisted that it was a Dragon due to it's size, but it's totally a drake in my thoughts.

I mean come on we all can tell that troll is a dwarf with cosmetic horns. ^_~
Ancient History
I'll say Drake.
paul_HArkonen
looks like a Drake to my totally uneducated eyes
Dashifen
Drake.
toturi
Too small to be a dragon, Drake.
Tanka
Drake.

(I'm back! Why? I got bored. Heh.)
Espiritu
Ahhahah! Thanks guys. That means my supposedly "oversized" model for my drake is exact. ^_^ And I can go laugh at my GM...er...politely point out how my previous observation on size was accurate.

BookWyrm
It's a Drake, in Full Form, and that's NOT a Dwarf with horn implants, that's a Troll. You get an optical size illusion because he's sitting/squatting on large crates & boxes, plus he's leaning against the hind-shanks of the Drake.
Kanada Ten
I'm the only one that thinks it's a dragon?

Here's the picture, for those that don't have the book.
mfb
definitely a dragon. drakes, according to DotSW page 184, are only 2-3 meters long in their dragon form. that troll is at least 2 meters tall himself, probably more. the dragon in that picture is about 2 meters tall at the shoulder.
Herald of Verjigorm
So, what kind of gun is that strapped to the dragon's arm? Also, what rating of armor is it wearing?

I shall use this picture as proof that any creature with any language skills can get armor and properly adjust weaponry. They'll just cost a lot more than troll mods.
Espiritu
Lol BookWyrm. I was joking about it being a dwarf with horns. smile.gif
mfb
it has also been pointed out to me that the title of the picture--at least, the title of the link--is 'dragon on mountain watch'. a clue; the game is afoot!
Synner
IIRC - It was meant to be a young western dragon...
Maollelujah
Certainly a dragon, right?
Shockwave_IIc
A Dragon, Definately not a Great however. Just look as to how small it makes that troll look!!
Tanka
Hm. I take that back, then. I was confusing it with the picture of the Drake attacking the person on the streets.
Thistledown
If we're going with the idea that it's a dragon (I agree), then I would love to find out what type of gun that thing on his arm is. And what it's damage code is.

Judging by the size of the troll's leg, and my guess of comparing it to a human leg, I'd say it's at least a 40mm. Maybe more like 60mm.

Another quetion along these lines. Later in the book is the picture of a something on some sort of stage. Don't remember the reference right now. Would you say that's a dragon or a drake?
Espiritu
Yea, I've been iching to possibly go towards using weapons with my Drake like that cannon. Either he will develope towards melee or some kind of nifty ranged combatant if I could do that kind of weaponry...fly above it all and rain down destruction.
Synner
QUOTE (Thistledown)
Another quetion along these lines. Later in the book is the picture of a something on some sort of stage. Don't remember the reference right now. Would you say that's a dragon or a drake?

The only pic I can think you're referring to is the illo of Prof. Schwartzkopf giving class... and yes, he is smaller than most Greats.
FlakJacket
That or he may have just shrunk himself some to fit in the place.
snowRaven
That is definately an adult western dragon.

As for the gun, considering the inside of the barrel is about the same width as the troll's finger, and the base of it's tusk, I'd say it's about a 40mm. Possibly 30mm at the smallest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012