Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Street Fighter
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HMHVV Hunter
Ok, after watching "Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie," I just had to create a character inspired by the series. Tell me what you think smile.gif

Name: Tamashii no Ryu (“Dragon Heart”)
Race: Human
Concept: Muay Thai Fighter/Street Fighter

Build Points (130):
Magic: Full (30 points)
Attributes: 30 (60 points)
Skills: 35 (35 points)
Resources: 5,000 nuyen (0 points)

Attributes (30 points)
Body: 5
Quickness: 6
Strength: 6
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 4
Willpower: 6
Essence: 6
Magic: 6
Reaction: 5

Initiative: 5 + 1D6

Dice Pools:
Combat: 8
Spell: 5

Edges/Flaws:
-Adrenaline Surge (+2)
-Toughness (+3)

Contacts:
-Street Doc (Level 1)
-Talismonger (Level 1)

Active Skills (35 Points):
-Athletics: 6
-Conjuring: 2
-Etiquette (Street): 2 (4)
-Martial Arts (Muay Thai): 6
Maneuvers: Focus Strength, Full Offense, Kick Attack
-Pistols: 5
-Sorcery: 6

Knowledge Skills
-Cyberware: 2
-Shadowrunner Hangouts: 3
-Street Gangs: 4
-Street Survival: 5
-Underground Fighting Arenas: 4

Language Skills:
-English (R/W): 3 (1)
-Japanese (R/W): 4 (2)

Totem: Wind (+2 dice for detection spells, +2 dice for spirits of the sky; +2 to all magical target numbers while not under the open sky)

Spell List (Spell Points: 25)
Fireball: 5
Flamethrower: 5
Levitate: 5
Physical Barrier: 5
Physical Double Image: 5

Gear:
-Savalette Guardian (w/integral smartlink and frame design (1 point RC); laser sight, Gas Vent II, standard holster, 9 spare clips, 120 rds. Regular ammo) (2,175 nuyen)
-Armor Clothing (500 nuyen)
-Ordinary Clothing (1 set) (50 nuyen)
-Ordinary Clothing (represents Muay Thai uniform) (50 nuyen)
-Large civilian rucksack (carrying a sleeping bag and mess kit) (70 nuyen for sack, 175 for sleeping bag, 15 for mess kit)

Lifestyle: Street (vagabond)

Starting Cash: 196 + (100 * 3D6) nuyen

I haven't quite come up with a detailed story for him yet, but I know I want him to be a vagabond sort of character, a wandering fighter and sometimes Shadowrunner. I'll get that hammered out later.

So what do you think?
FXcalibur
Pshaw. powerful street fighters need no guns wink.gif

And say, you know nothing 'bolty' happens with combat spells, right? there's no fireball visual effect. No projectile actually travels to your target, unless your GM rules it different.
BitBasher
Bah, make him an adept, take Distance Strike and ask your GM if you can gaesa it with a visual component so it looks like a fireball. There's no good reason to make him a mage, Ryu is the textbook definition of an Adept IMHO.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (BitBasher)
Bah, make him an adept, take Distance Strike and ask your GM if you can gaesa it with a visual component so it looks like a fireball. There's no good reason to make him a mage, Ryu is the textbook definition of an Adept IMHO.

Yeah, but the adept fighter thing has been done so often before. I wanted something different, a character with a totem to guide him (and I think Wind is very appropriate for a vagabond).
Apathy
If you do go with him as a mage (as opposed to an adept), you should pick Fireball/Firebolt instead of Powerball/Powerbolt. That way it'll have a visual component that travels from the caster to the target.
HMHVV Hunter
Thanks for letting me know about the powerball/bolt; I thought that because it was a physical spell, there was a visual element. I changed it to fireball/flamethrower.
mfb
actually, there's nothing that dictates what a spell looks like. his spells might look like flaming blue fireballs that streak from his hands.
Apathy
Combat spells don't travel from the caster to the target; the energy collects directly at the target site. This is one of the reasons commonly given that Combat spells can't be dodged.

Damaging elemental spells however, manifest a the caster's location and travel in a straight line through physical space to the target. For this reason they break through or bounce off windows.
mfb
well, yes, but there's nothing that says what they look like. this is one of the few cases in which "it's magic, it doesn't have to be logical" is a perfectly good explanation.
Backgammon
You might want to take Etiquette(Street)...
Siege
Silly question - why did a full mage streetfighter spend time learning about cyberware?

-Siege
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Siege)
Silly question - why did a full mage streetfighter spend time learning about cyberware?

-Siege

"Know thine enemy."
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Backgammon)
You might want to take Etiquette(Street)...

Thanks for reminding me about that. Change has been made.
Glyph
With a Charisma of 3 and a Conjuring skill of 2, why even bother making him a full mage? If you are going the non-adept route, you may as well make him a sorcerer, and get an extra 5 points for skills and an extra 10 spell points.

Adrenaline surge is really overrated as an Edge... it's not worth it having rule of 6 for a single piddly die, at the cost of getting +1 TN to combat (which will be especially disadvantageous in melee, where TN modifiers are rarer, and can make a huge difference). You would be better off with either Focused Concentration or Pain Resistance. Both of which also fit the street fighter concept.

Also, instead of Toughness, you could get Bonus Attribute Point, and have an all-over boost to your Body. With the point you save, you could buy the Bravery Edge.

As far as armor goes, armored clothing is kind of weak. I would get a secure ultra-vest (cheaper, more concealable, same ballistic armor, and two points of impact armor - important for a martial artist). If you have Cannon Companion, you could also add forearm guards, for another point of impact armor when in melee. Of course, an armored jacket would be the most effective protection - I just don't know if it fits your character concept. I could easily see a street fighter in an armored jacket, though, especially a street-styled one.

For miscellaneous gear, I would definitely give him a medkit and a survival kit if he is living on the streets.
Siege
Or the Rapid-Transit bodysuits with more padding than armor.

And the knuckle-duster gloves, naturally.

-Siege
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012