Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you get a Hermetic Library?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Foreigner
As the title of the post says, my current character (in Sahandrian's campaign) is a Physical Adept of the Magician's Way--specifically, a follower of the Hermetic tradition.

I was wondering, though--is a Hermetic Library part of being a Mage (that is, do you receive one automatically when you initiate, which my character hasn't done yet, either as an Adept or a Mage), or do you have to buy one yourself?

As always, thanks in advance for any help or constructive criticism.

--Foreigner
Ancient History
You can buy or rent (or steal) one.

So, you either go on down to your friendly neighborhood Talismonger/Lore Store and pick up a few volumes, or download a few megapulses for a fee from Magicknet, or you break into a hevily guarded building to make off with a crate of books, or you go to your local college, pay a fee, and browse for a few hours.
Talia Invierno
Unless you have a very, very generous background story (and GM), you buy or rent one, through your local friendly talismonger or university bookstore/library (ratings limited! subscriptions often needed - but can be decked) or other useful NPC magic-type contact.

To buy:
(rating x rating) x 1000 nuyen.gif
Takes up (rating x rating) x 100 Mp of computer space
Strobe
If you are part of a magical group they often have a library for the members.

-Strobe
Fortune
QUOTE (Foreigner)
...or do you have to buy one yourself?

Remember also that there are seperate Libraries for each Hermetic Magical skill. You don't necessarily need a Sorcery Library right away if you are not planning on creating and/or spells in the very near future, but you will definitely need a Conjuring Library if you want to summon any Elementals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012